• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice Wanted...... Track Options!!

mp5

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
That time a year...loading wood...storing bikes...and shopping for Nytro stuff.

Been using the 1.75 BC on my 09 XTX for 6 yrs now. A few lugs are missing (no biggie), but am doing more trail riding than off trail, hence the missing lugs. Also finding it a pita to try and keep my Nytro from high siding me on every 2nd turn because of that monster track. Sooo....

I want a track that is going to be the best trail option....with say 10% off trail ability. Not interested in studding...but not ruling out the pre studded either. Been looking at the 1.35"Cobra...the Ice Attack XT 2.2"...and the Ripsaw ll (1.5"??).

Getting a headache looking at different options. Looking for free advice/opinions from y'all...

Interested to see what others have to say. I've been really happy with the 1.75" BC for the mix of riding I do and I just put a new one on last year after ~6,000 miles. It would be nice to push a button and switch from a 1.25" studded track to a 2" paddle track.

If you're looking for vendors I'm pretty sure CB Performance is still a supporting vendor here, and that's where I bought my track from (great pricing!)

https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/categories/camoplast-tracks/137-tracks.html

This track looks like an interesting design - 1.5" lug center and 1.25" sides.

https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/camoplast-tracks/storm-150-15-x-137-9370h/

:letsnow:

I'm running 1.6" x 128" ice cobra on my nytro. It's a nice mix for the 85% trail and 15% boondocking I do. Plus the prestudded is nice for bare ice and icey corners. Just enough grip to track straight. No worries of throwing a stud and taking out an inter cooler. Just my 2cents.

You guys find the 1.5" and 1.6" tracks have a soft lug? I've looked at the 1.35" Cobra x 144" for my xtx...but am reading by some that they are a soft lug. I am sledding more and more on trail these past few yrs...and maybe find myself playing off trail 10% of the time. Like what I'm reading about the pre studded Camso tracks. Not sure if a sub 1.22", like the Ice Attak XT, or Ripsaw ll, will be enough for all round grip and cooling.

How is the 1.6" Ice Cobra holding up..how many kms/miles on it?

I'd have a tough time giving up lug height. I wouldn't go less than 1.5, but that's just me.

Take a peek at the C38 here....
https://compositsnowmobiletracks.com/shop-tracks/

What do you ride...a 144" or 121"...

Am wondering if only going down a 1/4" from my 1.75" will be much better for cornering. My buddy has a 1.5" on his 2016 600 Gade...and it rails...but totally different sled than an 09 Nytro xtx lol.

What do you ride...a 144" or 121"...

Am wondering if only going down a 1/4" from my 1.75" will be much better for cornering. My buddy has a 1.5" on his 2016 600 Gade...and it rails...but totally different sled than an 09 Nytro xtx lol.

RTX but extended to 144....I went with a 136 rail extension on the skid along with a suspension setback, which means I do not have tipped up rails. All the track is on the ground. I ride Minnesota trails, some can be tight and technical, others open interstates.

I would agree that you're battling the nytro more than the track. I was a skidoo guy, they were always good to me for handling. A little bit of setup and I could haul. Nytro is different. Still learning it. Affordable four stroke is why I'm on it, not because of glamorous reviews of handling haha

My previous sleds were all 1.5 tracks. Challengers. Softer lugs that would fold over. Was never thoroughly impressed with hookup. Better than stock, but wanted more. Finally went to the BC 1.75, the lugs grab. But trying to understand nytro handling still, with limited winters.

RTX but extended to 144....I went with a 136 rail extension on the skid along with a suspension setback, which means I do not have tipped up rails. All the track is on the ground. I ride Minnesota trails, some can be tight and technical, others open interstates.

I would agree that you're battling the nytro more than the track. I was a skidoo guy, they were always good to me for handling. A little bit of setup and I could haul. Nytro is different. Still learning it. Affordable four stroke is why I'm on it, not because of glamorous reviews of handling haha

My previous sleds were all 1.5 tracks. Challengers. Softer lugs that would fold over. Was never thoroughly impressed with hookup. Better than stock, but wanted more. Finally went to the BC 1.75, the lugs grab. But trying to understand nytro handling still, with limited winters.

I agree with Pmtg04, it doesn't surprise me that your (mp5) buddy's newer Renegade outshines your Nytro...

Pmtg04, I'm riding the Nytro chassis for the same reason, and the fact that it's different than the common sleds.

I am running the Camoplast 1.6" for that exact reason, on trail 85% but also want some float when needed on side of trail or off trail. Love it, tips of paddles have small studs (not 1" picks like on my XTC700) but surprising how much you gain from them like studded snow tires if you ever drove a set of those. The 1.6" appears to be that line where much less and paddle size is not as effective in powder.

I've got over 3500 miles on the Camso 1.6" Ice Cobra. Holding up well. You can get that in 144" for your Nytro. That's the size I am running on my Apex XTX as well.

Good luck,

I've got over 3500 miles on the Camso 1.6" Ice Cobra. Holding up well. You can get that in 144" for your Nytro. That's the size I am running on my Apex XTX as well.

Good luck,

Do you so mostly trails...or 50/50? Im sure it does well in the deeper snow...but hearing conflicting reports for hard packed and semi hard trail riding. Do you have any missing lugs or splitting?

Thx

We are 90% trail riders. A few ungroomed ditches and fields. That occasional trip to the mountains, or a bit of off trail in Michigan, but mostly icy to packed trails in MN. No torn lugs, cracks etc. It's in near perfect condition. The embedded studs show wear, but still provide much better traction than un studded.

That's mostly obvious when I run the same trails with my unstudded buddies. You can see their hesitation in corners and my stopping ability. My previous Apex had the 1.325 Cobra Track with Woodies studs. that would stay hooked up like a freak, and still much better loose snow traction than the stocker. But this Ice Cobra is hands down much better in the loose snow. And still hooks up better on hardpack and ice over the 1.25 Ripsaw it came with. Track spin is way down for sure.

Which brand Camso 1.6" is it?

From Amazon, very happy with it, seems to be the best of both worlds, trail, powder, ice.
Camoplast Ice Cobra 1.6 Cross-Country Tracks
by Camoplast
  • ICE Technology
  • If you love banging the bumps, going hard and pushing it, we have your track.
  • Camoplast cross-country tracks are built and tested tough to take on the nastiness of the hard-core terrain.
  • Handling, hook-up, and bite, - key ingredients built into our aggressive designs for aggressive riders

51Zd6D857WL._SX679_.jpg

Back