• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

and there goes the LIMITER STRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine never break at the bottom always at the top...the metal loops up there that the strap goes through wears down the strap until it lets loose...been through 3 sets now

not just an xtx thing... my mtx has a left limiter strap that is starting to delaminate up near the top bolt... had it in to the dealer for warranty, they put it on order and just told me to keep driving it and not worry. I believe his exact words were "if that one breaks there is still the other one anyways"

I hope if it does let go it doesn't damage anything else...

Littlehoe said:
not just an xtx thing... my mtx has a left limiter strap that is starting to delaminate up near the top bolt... had it in to the dealer for warranty, they put it on order and just told me to keep driving it and not worry. I believe his exact words were "if that one breaks there is still the other one anyways"

I hope if it does let go it doesn't damage anything else...
It will! the loose end will flop around and damage the track lugs. Pick up some belting material(tractor supply comp) and make a new one using your good one as a pattern. Or buy some universal limiterstrap material.

Yeah I called Yamaha on this and they acted like they didn't even know about this.... whatever, tired of the hifax wear too. I know this sounds stupid but it helped my limiters alot. On the first two inches on each end I put gorilla tape, I think what it has done is made the limiters bend in the middle where they should when the suspension collapses thus not getting into the track.

I said screw it though got an ez-ryde under it now.... no straps more to come on this hopefully this cures all my problems. last weekend was my first ride I think it's gonna be bad a--!!!

I went with a steel belted timing belt and it has been holding up great. I had to buy a long length and have some left over. If anyone wants a length for one limiter, send me the cash to cover shipping cost and I will mail them out to you. I have enough for about a dozen or so. This material works! Polyurethane steel belt. Just have to drill holes in it. I just want to keep enough material for one for myself in case this one ever breaks. First come first serve.

Re: re

bh0396 said:
It's not just the 2009. My 2010 did it as well and the dealer did fix it as well as two wheels. I asked my dealer if this was common and he said not if your riding in enough snow. I guess 24+ isn't enough.

The inside track on this is the dealers are "taught" when a problem arises it is never common or an inherant problem. The minute they admit there's a problem across the board they have to issue a service bulletin or recall to all units affected. This gets expensive fast for the manufacturers. A close friend of mine is a dealer and his sales/service reps have attended training in the past that touches on how to deal with customers when issues come about.
It isn't right but they all do it...Even car dealers do it...Why fix all units if only some are affected...Not right :o|

Back