• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti-ratchet Driver ?

rsemi1

I've got a really silly question. I installed anti-ratchet drivers on my MM700. I've been running them for about a year and half and now I'm seeing wear on the front of the drive tooths that run the track hole. Also, I get a thumping noise, which I'm pretty sure is the driver just catching the window, when I start out, but then fades away once I'm moving.

So, the silly question is, does the driver have to be lined up with the track window at a certain place? I realize it has to be lined up, but just wondering how precise it has to be.

Semi :dunno:

Just a few thoughts, ... I assume you have the track aligned properly? Does the thump change when you change track tension? Drive shaft bearings still good? Drive chain tensioned correctly? Is this a new thump? Is it getting worse?

I assume you have the track aligned properly? Does the thump change when you change track tension? Drive shaft bearings still good? Drive chain tensioned correctly? Is this a new thump? Is it getting worse?

Track is aligned properly, drive shaft bearings are new'ish with maybe 700 miles on them, drive chain is tensioned according to specs. I did have to change the front "H" arm and noticed the thump more after doing that, but the wear on the drive sprockets looks like it's been going on for awhile.
As far as the the track alignment, does it align front to back as well as side to side. I guess what I'm asking is does the drive tooth line up with the middle of the window or towards the back of the window?

Thanks,
Semi
:o|

Take a look at your belt, I know it sound simple but just look at it. Or just replace it. I bet the thump will be gone. Good luck!!

Back