• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anti ratchet drivers

krauss2005

Extreme
i have an 03 rx-1 long track 151, it skips the drive sprockets when it hooks. how much are the anti ratchet drivers and how much of a pain r they to install? i also hear ppl have trouble with them. do the short tracks have a problem with skipping also? wheres the best place to get them?

I've got the same problem with my 04 RX-1 with the Hauck GYT-R-Dun kit, I was racing a 800H.O. trying to really get on it and my track was ratcheting like crazy. I have really been contemplating buying a fully clipped rip saw so i can put in anti ratchet drivers for this year to get rid of that problem but i'm not sure i really want to do it if its gonna be a pain to install. I too would like to hear some responses about people that have done this on a 121 :yam:

Count me in. The only way to stop the ratcheting is to run your track tight as a bow string and/or take all of the weight ttransfer out of the skid. I believe several guys here have gone the anti ratchet driver setup. I recall a need to have them turned down a little before installing becase they rubbed on the w-arm or front shock mount or something??? I'm gonna tough it out one more season, but next year I need to do a track swap anyway, so while I am there with everything torn apart, she's gonna get anti ratchets. They are quite pricey, and you gotta take the whole chaincase apart to get out the drive shaft, so its quite an ordeal especially with reverse. You'll also need a press to install them.

also, you need to have a track with all windows open. you might want to check that before ordering.

Anti atchets make so much sense on these high torque sleds.

Go for the Ski-doo extroverts, they fit right on there, they use a harder compound than the aftermarket companies and they're DIRT cheap.

I have posted the P/N's in this forum and in the turbo/supercharger forum, just do a search. FYI the RX-1 and Warrior use 9T drivers, the Mtn uses 8T drivers.

Personally, I run Kinetic 9T drivers, but I came across them for cheaps and jumped on it.

I long-tracked my Nytro with a 136" x 1.5" track. I also installed the Ski-Doo intro/extro drivers. Very nice drivers!!!

gade-thrasher said:
I long-tracked my Nytro with a 136" x 1.5" track. I also installed the Ski-Doo intro/extro drivers. Very nice drivers!!!

How much $$$ ? and do you have part numbers? Thanks!

BWT, why the hell don't the higher HP sleds come through with them??? I'd think it would be cheaper for them to produce 2 pieces of plastic vs 4 anyway, and it would actually work. ????? Cheaper tracks, maybe?

Red2003 said:
gade-thrasher said:

How much $$$ ? and do you have part numbers? Thanks!

The driver part numbers are listed in the turbo/supercharger section:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=28246

You can get the drivers from any Doo dealer. I bought mine from Ingles Performance. I've bought some stuff from them before when I used to have a Doo. They've got the best price I've seen for these drivers. About $40 each.
http://www.inglesperformance.com/default.asp

Red2003 said:
BWT, why the hell don't the higher HP sleds come through with them??? I'd think it would be cheaper for them to produce 2 pieces of plastic vs 4 anyway, and it would actually work. ????? Cheaper tracks, maybe?

Good question.

Honestly, it appears that it's because of track noise and the fact that tracks may not last *quite* as long when using extroverts due to the additional stress put on the rods they have to drive against.

Sounds odd, but it's quite possible. The increased track noise is noticable, believe it or not.

Red2003 said:

Extroverts slow down top speed

Jack_Shaft said:
Red2003 said:

Good question.

Honestly, it appears that it's because of track noise and the fact that tracks may not last *quite* as long when using extroverts due to the additional stress put on the rods they have to drive against.

Sounds odd, but it's quite possible. The increased track noise is noticable, believe it or not.

I guess that makes sense. I bet they aren't as loud as when my track ratchets though. lol BTW, why would they affect top speed any??

Back