• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody have kids that ride the new Phazer

MEAT

Expert
My boy is almost 10 and I have an 01 800 summit but I am thinking a new Phazer would be great but its not much lighter than the doo. are they easier than a doo to ride for a kid ?

Well my dad has a kid that rides the new phazer (me) lol and i had a 700 Wildcat what a heavy piece of crap... then we got a 600 Mountain cat not bad.. then i got a 583 skidoo ice racing 200km's lol wow that was fast blew the engine though so now i got the 2008 Yamaha Phazer MTX! and i love it super easy to ride and handle if your experienced, i can carve forever with it im 90 pounds btw and i can catwalk it jump it do freestyle with it im just learning the freestyle part (supermans hurt when u dont land right) lol but i have no complaints.. when u first buy it get the reverse problem fixed, and if u have one of the models that they put to small of wires for the handlebar warmers check that to i had that issue but other then that its a great sled.

My Son is 12 and he rips on his 07 MTN
3-11-08020.jpg

2-17-2008Blake013.jpg

2-17-2008Blake011.jpg

Hillbilly100CaribouHills7-7-07004.jpg

:Rockon:

They are easier to ride for a young person, im 23 and everyone thats my age has no problem riding it but older folks like my dad and the guys i work with don't like it to much because its more a freestyle mountain sled really tippy, likes to jump, get thrown around. Its not a sled to sit on at all, standing up and staying on top of it like a dirt bike is the best bet with it. Even though the weight specs. don't suggest it is light, it feels very light when riding it, easy transition from side to side, and with the skinny seat its very manageable for a smaller person to move around on it.

The new Phazer is the last sled I would ever put my kid on. These things are way too high centered, unstable and darty. And good luck trying to get one to sidehill even if it is just to get out of a ditch sideways. The handling is just too unpredictable.
In my opinion I wouldn't let anyone under 14 or with no experience ride without supervision.
I have ridden both the 121" and 144" extensively. We have tried numerous different suspension setups and removing the sway bar to no avail.The only mods done were Simmons skis on the 144".

Back