• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody race an rx-1 against a warrior?

I was wondering how much of a difference their was between the two in a drag race,trail riding,deep snow,jumping,puddle jumping, and just about everything else you guys acn think of. And how much more top end does the rx-1 have over the warrior?

I've only ever ridden with one RX-1 (nhrxrider). Jim is a more experienced rider than I am, but on the trail his '03 RX-1 couldn't get away from my Warrior (stock with Ohlins front shocks, reasonable suspension setup).

I had noticeably less ski lift, and it looked like he was getting a lot more rear bump and slides than I was.

Differences I can see between the two are the Warrior has better hook up, better ride, seems more balanced handlig front / rear.
I was getting a bit more ski push in very low speed / tight 90 degree corners, but that was the only place the RX seemed a little better.

I was out on some very bony / rough trails this morning, and every time I ran into a choppy set of bumps, the Warrior would bridge them quite nicely.

On the lake I was pushing 110 - 115 (speedo) for quite some distance in sub-optimal conditions, hard snow with lots and lots of old trails, the Warrior has got to be the most stable sled I have every ridden.

If I was buying new, I might look at the new '05 RX-1 versus a Warrior, but the '04 seems like a better trail machine than the RX.

Yes, My stock '04 RX1 will lose the holeshot but eventually overtake a stock warrior on top-end. I've proven this many times with ultimatewarrior. For drag racing, my money's on the warrior. Top-end - RX1.

it's wierd, after riding the warrior, I think my RX1 is faster but I never get the holeshot. Must be the excess body fat :lol:

I ran 2 RX 1s 03s just last week, just wanted to see how bad i would get beat. We ran 4000 ft real good hard pack, temp outside around 10 degrees. One was clutched the other stock set-up. The Warrior jumped out the hole about 1 sled length, and kept pulling all the way down. At the 4000 ft mark the Warrior had about a 8 to 10 sled lead. Right now i am running hammertimes with a helix i had cut. Also ran a Polaris 2002 800 X with pipes well clutched, and a new MXZ 800 Ski-Doo cleaned that up to. The only sleds i lost to were 2 Mach Zs with motor work. But a turbo will take care of those boys. (Later)

I dont have a Warrior but I have a 136 Ripsaw on my 03 shorty. I have yet to be beat out of the hole, but eventually I will get passed after about a half mile or so. I think the race is won by then personally but to each their own. I have run 2 RX-1's, both clutched, stock tracks w/192 studs, cleaned them up pretty good. Couple F7's, 5-6 sled lengths out of the hole, will get passed if we run long enough.

136 Ripsaw
Heelclickers
Geared down 2 teeth on top
Whiteknuckle QC-1

I have an 03 RX-1 and the Warrior. The RX-1 seemed to do a better job on the puddles than the Warrior. At least, that is the perception. You'd think with the bigger paddles that the Warrior would be better.

My 03 shorty was longtracked to 136, and the difference, even though this is not the same as the warrior set up, is huge.

First of all, my 03 "warrior" now handles much better than the shorty setup did suspension wise. I have a tiny bit of push in corners where I didn't but overall like the new setup.

Top speed, I lost a total of 10 mph compared to last year, but I did see 126 on the speedo with the 136. Holeshot...no comparison, the 136 between the extra track on the ground, deeper lug, and longer studs, I figure I gained at least 10 mph in my field, which is a skinny 20 acres.

Another thing, I haven't gotten stuck in teh powder like I used to.

Warrior v. RX1

Xpolarisguy is right. His RX1 cannot touch the Warrior out of the hole - no comparison. However, at top end he is about 6 miles an hour faster. In optimal conditions, I topped my Warrior out at 128 ODM (Dick Road Near Strongs - ice with an inch of powder). Xpolaris hit 134.

However, an interesting thing happened the other night. Xpolaris could not catch me at top end. He has about 300 miles less than me. At 2000 miles my engine really losened up. It was like getting an additional 10 horse power. Until his engine does the same - I think my Warrior may be faster at top end.

There is no doubt that a stock Warrior rides better than a stock RX1. Also, the Warrior does just fine in open water - I found this out by accident two weeks ago on Lake Superior.

Back