• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 vs RX Warrior

Phazed Out

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1984 John Deere Sprintfire 340 L/C
1984 Phazer 480
1988 Phazer 480
2000 Phazer 500
2004 RX Warrior
2005 RS RAGE
2005 RX-1 ER Limited Edition
2007 Apex ER
Not to get off the beaten path here, but i have noticed that my '05 Rx-1, and my '04 Warrior seem to run a little differently and get slightly different fuel mileage. I know there were some threads on here about fuel economy, but not one particularly pertaining to the differences in the RX Warrior vs RX-1. Not apples to apples, i know, 121" vs 136", and it sounds like the gearing is slightly different, giving the RX-1 the advantage on top end, Warrior on low end. The Warrior sounds more "throaty" like a harley, and the Rx-1 sounds more like a crotch rocket. Also, it seems that the RX-1 gets better fuel economy. Not that i'm worried about fuel consumption, especially when i was riding 2 smokes a couple of years ago, but more or less just wondering if its normal?

Last edited:

back in the day, guys would gear rx1 to warrior specs for better bottom end.

i think the tunnel extension on the war reflects some of the sound to change its tone. the tips on the muffler aim the sound onto the tunnel. brother had a mbrp can on his 04 war with a long tunnel extension. we ended up modifying the tips on the muffler so they where straighter coming out as he complained about it over the k&n filters on it.

never really noticed the difference in fuel milage but i never ran much with other guys with rx1 when i had my 05 war. they all needed gas at the same time running with the ty crew in michigan and the difference was not enough to complain about. when we started running the short track war with my 11 apex xtx, the war was always better on gas than the apex. some of it is driving style, some of it is the sled.

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense with what you said about the tunnel extension. My Warrior does sound a little meaner than the rx-1.
I’ve heard before that the carbed sleds get a touch better fuel economy than the fuelies. Not sure, however, as I’ve never owned an EFI sled.
I will say that I was riding with a buddy last weekend that drove a vmax 700 triple, and this Warrior handled 3 times better (not even a contest really) and had much more power IMO, and he added 5galloms of gas add the first stop and I added 4 gallons or less. I was riding hard on t trail and the ditches, he wasn’t riding hard at all.

lol the only place my brothers 02 viper with the 136 was better was in the powder. on hard pack i would reel him in at will. in the powder he would walk away on me.

Back