• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone add a rack or hitch to XTX

hardcor_32

Extreme
Country
Canada
Just curious if anyone has added either the light duty hitch or HD rack/hitch to their XTX?
I notice I'm taking a LOT more fishing these days and have considered getting a sleigh.
Pros/Cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i have the hitch that clamps over the original bumper with out any problems. use it to pull covered sleigh with gear for 3 people 3 -4 days fishing trips 20 miles in and out of camp.

i have a 2014 xtx just added 2014 cross tour rear bumper so i can use 2up seat/or rack/ or hitch.
one problem viper seat is 2" longer than cat seat. this weekend ill try to compress viper seat to except 2up.
fyi to install cat bumper on need to drill out 50 rivets. also have to drop track and skid down. new bumper has self tappers to install. bumper only comes in silver.

Got a hitch for that setup for sale

i actually pull 2 seighs . one is a plastic one with plywood risers and lid . I put all gear and grub in this one. the other one is basically a plywood box spaced 6" up off runners, i haul fuel with this one usually about 30 gallons. Stock bumper is showing no signs of bending. Both seigh hitches are spring loaded .

My boss at our shop is a huge trapper and this is what we rigged up on his viper. Its the rack off the Venture MP fitted with some crate pieces that we cut down to mount it to the unit its a little spendy but is way more space for packing gear than the bumper rack combo that they provide as an accessory... added a couple more photos to show the space increase over the standard accessory rack and how close it meets up with the mount for the taillight.

Attachments

• 20150205_141146.jpg
    20150205_141146.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 20150205_142811.jpg
    20150205_142811.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 20150205_142850.jpg
    20150205_142850.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Guys, be careful with these setups, and make sure it's done right. My buddy was towing a sled last week, and somehow the sled came unattached. They were riding on the lake in the dark. His wife was a little ways behind him. You can guess... She didn't see the trailer until the last moment. She hit it, it went over the front end and nailed her, landing her in the hospital. Broken collar bone and other minor injuries. Ya gotta be safe out there!

Back