• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

yamadoo

Yamadoo is a snowmobile ' aholic'.
Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 Viper STX DX red/white- GPS and KING AIR suspension 4kmiles
13 Apex XTX 45 anniversary RED/WHITE/BLACK 3K miles
10 Vector LTX Blue 9kmiles
11 Venture GT 4k miles
86 SnoScoot(2) for grand kids
:yam:

Last night after putzing around the yard, then shed, I uncover the APEX GT , wipe it down for dust (none really) then sat down and day dreamed over it for ...........well to long. :4STroke:

I must be nuts. :tg: Please tell me I am not the only one.

Did decide, I am going to put 144 down the middle and still flip flopping on Duallies versus Pilots versus bergstum tripples.

May mount the GPS not sure.

Summer dreaming. :jump:

Yamadoo

No, you aren't nuts! At least not the only one. Have done the same MANY times over the years, dating back to my 1991 Yamaha Phazer ll. It's good sometimes to sit in the saddle and dream of past and future adventures. Can't wait for winter myself. I have a Attak GT on order and will be putting on BRP Pilot 6.9's when winter hits. I think this will be a great ski as an upgrade for the apex and attaks.
Happy trails.....Regards, Chuck :yam:

ive got at least 50 coates of wax on my sled.. and now im thinking about repainting it.. LOL

No your not nuts..

Ahaaa!

Hello my name is John and i am a YAMAHOLIC.I am not the only one! Yes there are more like us out there. Very interesting. Some times (not ashamed) I even put my snow gear on and sit on my ATTACK. If you put the t.v in front of the sled and play sledneck videos its even better!

Re: Ahaaa!

Nope, definitely not nuts! Every time I walk into the garage and see the sleds I get excited. The Apex will be cleaned up several more times before winter comes again.

jjaredco said:
Hello my name is John and i am a YAMAHOLIC.I am not the only one! Yes there are more like us out there. Very interesting. Some times (not ashamed) I even put my snow gear on and sit on my ATTACK. If you put the t.v in front of the sled and play sledneck videos its even better!

If I didn't know Yamaha fanatics I almost wouldn't believe you!

Last week, I went for an ATV ride through some of the country which I sled regularly in winter. 8 hours of jolting & jarring later I pulled the bike in next to the nytro in the garage. I had seen pristine water so clear it looked like glass and miles of beach with sand as fine and as clean as baby powder but I only wanted to take the cover off my sled and just sit on it. I'd have traded everything I saw for a Feb. morning and a foot of fresh snow. Summer sucks. :yam:

I walk by mine every time I go to the garage. It sits next to the work bench, and yes it get gets worked on throughout the off season. I love having a cold tallboy while sitting on it. At least I won't get busted!

THANKS GUYS!

I am nuts but not the only one is the conclusion.

Hey in 2 days the days get shorter :Rockon:

Yamadoo

No not nuts. Everyone things I am nuts too. I have about 20 sleds in my vintage collection and my two Apex's. I am just chomping at the bit to get the aftermarket panels from the guy on the board so I can get them painted up. Stiffer springs ordered too for the GT. So, I pass my daydreaming time working on my vintage Yamaha restorations. Summer does suck. It is too damn hot to work in my garage! I hate humidity, sun burns, sweating like a pig - bikini's and skimpy dressed chicks walking around is the only thing that makes summer liveable.

I'm too busy building a home for mine. I don't think you are nuts, bored perhaps, but not nuts.

Thats summer for you!

I try to not look at the sled period, especially not under the cover, because if I do, everything else gets put to the side, and I get to pumped for winter, and nothing else will get done until winter. Its like an addiction, and trying not to feed it.

Back