• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone ever see this break?

No clue what the first picture shows. After looking at the second one for awhile, it appears that there is a crack where the sway bar goes through.

That does suck, but that bulkhead is a beefy piece of aluminum. In the absence of a major crash and/or major damage to the A-arms, that HAS to be a manufacturing defect...and a big one.

BigMac said:
No clue what the first picture shows. After looking at the second one for awhile, it appears that there is a crack where the sway bar goes through.

That does suck, but that bulkhead is a beefy piece of aluminum. In the absence of a major crash and/or major damage to the A-arms, that HAS to be a manufacturing defect...and a big one.

It was hard to get a good picture of the crack, but it is cracked right around the swaybar mounting hole
there is NO other damage anywhere
Im lucky i saw that before the next ride....coulda got ugly

LazyBastard said:
Wouldn't get ugly. Not a manufacturing defect, you hit something with the swaybar. They are very exposed, so this is bound to happen to some people. I suggest you have it welded.

by "coulda got ugly" i mean that it could have broken that section of the bulk head completely off.

im not sure i agree with the swaybar being very exposed, and I would think there would be damage to other parts like the link, the connecting arm or the bar itself if i had hit the bar on something.....but yamaha will probably agree with you

It should probably go without saying, but make sure that you put the stock swaybar back in before you bring it in for warranty consideration.

However I agree that Yamaha will most likely not warranty this becuase they also will feel that it was caused by an impact accident.

w8in4sno said:
im not sure i agree with the swaybar being very exposed,
Have you actually looked at it? The links are the only things hanging down from the belly of the sled, all by themselves. They stick out over 2 inches. Real easy to hit something with them.

and I would think there would be damage to other parts like the link, the connecting arm or the bar itself if i had hit the bar on something.
Not if you hit a stump or some other piece of wood. Then its most likely to do exactly what happened to yours, push up in line with the link, hard enough to crack the bulkhead around it. Because you're hitting it with wood, it won't gouge up the link or connector because wood is softer than steel.

....but yamaha will probably agree with you
As they should....

You definitely ran over something. No question about it.

I agree looking at it, lb is right that is some sort of impact crack, too bad maybe yamaha will give you goodwill warranty on it but don't count on it, take it in and have it welded

yeah guys, welding may be the way to go, was thinking of trying that ALUMILOY stuff that ive read about
the parts only about $250 although it doesnt look like the easiest thing to change out

going to the dealer monday. hes always been very good to me.... so its his call from there
i'll let ya know how it turns out

thx

sway bar crack

wifes gt hit something and broke all the way
around it
drill rivets out for the plastic and have someone weld it
2000 more miles and still fine
her link was bent and mashed on the bottom
just weld it and ride till trade in time

Go to professional welder and you will be better than new !

Should cost around $20.00 as they told you !

Simple cure to a small issue !

Back