• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone heard this rumor?

Think about that and you realize they could have a big market. I know when I was a kid I learned how to snowmobile on a tundra 250 2 stroke. My kids each had the mini Z but they were past that by 5 years old. There 8 and 9 now and I let them ride my old ski-don't 583 out in the field. The 250F would be a cool 4 stroke motor in a lightweight sled. Have to keep the costs down though, If you even can. Yamaha still making the Bravo ????

unpride said:
A $4000 kids sled seems a bit much though

True. But if you could use it for company or adults who can't or won't want to ride a apex. I was looking for a old Bravo but you don't want your buddy riding it. You also don't want him riding your apex because he doesn't have the experience. Good compromise, I know dad's who bought the phazer for his kids. How much does that cost.
I read a good article lately that said the OEM's need to offer more entry level stuff to attract new users. This sport depends on our youth experiencing snowmobiling at a young age and enjoying it for the rest of there lives. Not anything different then how I grew up on snowmobiles other then I had a old skidoo tundra 250 to learn on. And it was the same sled my father would use to go out on a ride. Well I own a Apex now and I certainly wouldn't want my young snowmobile enthusiast to learn on that sled. With every year becoming a free for all for who ever has the fastest and quickest it would be nice to see a entry level sled for young adults to enjoy the sport. Would it sell ? Good question !!!!!
Thanks all, I feel better now. LOL

No have not heard this.
Any rumor or info let out early means someones job.
Cost to retool and make a new model is high.
Using a current cycle motor (winterized for sledding) that fit into either the Phazer chassis or a reworked Bravo would be cheaper.

I bought my son a 2000 Cat Z-120 to ride and race and it took him a while to get over liking Arctic Cat so much.
He liked Blair morgan then and now he likes Ski-doo.
We have a 05 MXZ 600 I would like to sell but my kid gives me the death stare when I mention it.

Yamaha needs to understand that you can hook kids when their young and mabey for LIFE if you start them on a Yamaha early.

2 winters of the most fun I ever had on a sled was riding the used Sno-scoot I bought and I was over 35 when I rode it.Mostly just around the back yard.

YAM182 said:
2 winters of the most fun I ever had on a sled was riding the used Sno-scoot I bought and I was over 35 when I rode it.Mostly just around the back yard.
Im in the same boat, I ride our scoot more then the kids do and Im 39ish!

If it were built by Yamaha, you know it would be worth the money, whatever it may be. I would be the first in line for a 'mid sized' sled. I've been looking for a mini sled for my 3 daughters (6,3 & 1), and would definately get quite a few years of good use out of it. My fear is that my 6 year old would outgrow a mini sled, and be mad when she was too small to ride my Apex or Nytro.
Yamaha, are you listening??????? BUILD IT, AND I WILL BUY IT!!!

Even if you pay $5000 for it , our kids would probably use it for 3-4 years and then you could sell a well maintained clean sled of this type for $3500. I think 500 a year is reasonable to introduce our kids to a sport that they may end up doing with us until we are ready for a Ski-doo Elite.lol Hey yamaha you need to bring in some youger riders because the average age of snowmobilers continues to climb

Well I can tell you from working in the Archery market a few years ago.

A well built youth bow would hold HUGE value, because everyone is looking for one.

So buying a new one wouldnt be so bad, when it came to sell it.

I hope Yamaha builds it. Whoever builds a smaller than full size sled, but larger than 120, with a cool factor, will have a long time winner on their hands.

Just look at the price good snowscoots are going for.... More than they were when introduced...MM.

i was on the lake today and saw a bunch of kids riding mini zs and i kinda felt bad for em who want 10 mph and u cant really do any trail riding imy first sled was a 79 jag 340 i had more fun on that then a mini z and i was 6 i hope they make a trailable mini sled for the kids do em a favor

i hada 250 enticer single, that thing was the best we even used to tow a skiboose with it hehe, i wish i could find that little thing again to restore it it would be awsome! i hope the bring back an entry sled for kids that way we can teach them the value of a 4 stroke at an early age

Even the 120 class sleds are selling for near retail. With daughters as young as mine, I'd have a few good years of use for both small and mid sized sleds.
The only hang-up I could see with building a sled of this size (besides the normal tooling cost) would be a purpose-built track. With most any sled, they are relatively interchangeable. I would think this size of sled may need something like a 14" x 96"+/-???
What do the Snowhawks have??

Back