• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running Powder Lites stage 2, no head shim, 12lbs

racinstation

Extreme
Looking for RB3 mapping info on Powder Lites stage 2, no head shim, 12-14lbs of boost. I would like to compare the timing and injection on the RB3 map to mine. I am at 6-10,000 feet elevation as well.

thats alot of boost on a stock motor better be running straight race gas. All of his stage 2 kits come with head spacer and timing jig i still have mine if u need to borrow it I'm just in twin falls and ride that area alot

We have been able to run around 14 with straight race gas or I can run 91 with meth injection. I am doing some testing with this configuration to make it so a guy does not have to run the head shim. I have installed a few head shims and altered the cam timing and it works great, but just looking for alternatives for an easier install. My theory is if I am going to pull the motor to do the shim, I might as well do the low comp pistons and possible Carrillo rods while I am there and then run it up around 18 psi. The stock injectors max at about 14psi anyhow.

Anywhoo, I go on too long. Are you using the Jan17 map? if not, what map are you using? The lack of head shim will use a bit more fuel.

Powderlites has higher rated injectors for big boost on the nytro i believe its his stage 3 kit. Jan 17 is what i'm running with different load settings dave had some updates that hasn't been posted. pm me or call dave either way.

I have some pics of some .010 ovaled cylinders from running no head shim=== too much compression. The power was insane, but a new block is dissapointing...

Back