• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex bad inside ski lift in corners - Why

I am running a set of stock skis with Snowtrackers Skags (semi agreesive). I have the preload on my front shocks set soft to the point my arms are horazotal with the floor. I up graded my front shocks to GYTR and they were rebuild before the start of the season. For my rears suspension I have the limiter straped pulled up to the final hole. My rear shock has also been rebuilt early this year. I am running 144 studs. I have never done any work to the transfer rod but I also don't know what the current setting is at from the previous owner. I am 53 years old and geared up abougt 220 lbs.

Your set up is similar to mine. Snowtrackers ( aggressive) GYTR front shocks, rebuilt every other season, front springs zero preload
I run a 12mm sway bar, limiter strap in stock position, BoP 5.o multirate spring with factory shock (rebuilt every other season) and transfer rod favoring the "min" side of the middle, stock seat.

Your seat position can contribute to your issue as the c of g is higher. Snowtrackers also contribute to ski lift in good trail conditons. They bite into the trail very well. This is something that takes a bit of getting used to.
You may find yourself coming into a corner a bit faster than normal. I have found along with many other people that have converted over to the Snowtrackers that these carbides smooth out the front end and override of the sled. This new comfort makes it easier to carry more speed.
Case in point:
I had a buddy with the same sled as mine. Mine is setup as described above and his was bone stock. We switched sleds for 20 miles one day. He liked the way mine handled and ask me to setup his sled like mine.
So I did as he requested. Ordered a pile of parts to do the upgrades. When finished he picked up the sled and drove it home. Once at home he called me. He was a little upset with me. Where he would comfortable cruise the ditch trails at 55mph he now found himself cruising at 80+mph.:D
A well setup machine well feel comfortable at higher speeds and surprise riders when they enter a corner or hit a road approach. You feel like you are going slow but you are not. Been there dun that.

What should be the recommend setting be on the transfer rod and how do you adjust it?
This is my sled. Loosen the jamb nut in red. Turn the orange in for less transfer (skis planted on the trail when on the throttle) turn out for more transfer ( Max transfer is good for "wheelies") And yes, a stock Apex can Wheelie!
There is a tool in the trunk toolbox that will work on the jamb nuts and also indicates Min and Max transfer.
There is a trade off from Min to Max transfer. Min transfer equals more control of the front end under power and a quicker coupling stiffer rear suspension where Max transfer equals less control of the front end under power but softer rear suspension.
20210130_102059.jpg

What do you currently have yours set at? Looking for a good starting point based off what is going on with my sled

looks like mine is at 32 should I adjust
You can if you like. You have less transfer than I do at the moment.

What did you set the compression ( bottom knob) on the front shock? I have mine set in the middle and the top 5 clicks from full right. This combo works well for me.

bottom knob was set by the guy whom rebuilt my shocks. Top is about 3 clicks from fully tight

yep I did adjust the front shocks like you said. How hard is it to install the new sway bar? Is there any vidoes showing how?

It is pretty straightforward. Two or three bolts with the weight off the skis. You can tell just by looking at it

So if I install the 13mm sway bar should I go back down one hole on the limiter strap

What is the stock limiter strap setting. Anyone have a pic

Back