• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX GT vs Stock 04 RX1

Smokey

Expert
Apex GT vs Stock 04 RX1 (5000 miles)

Today I met a fellow with a new Apex GT. Convinced him that we should have a race. YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THE RESULTS.

Hard packed trail just groomed. (A little soft but good hook up) We lined up had a friend acting as a starter, and we even have a video. Arm dropped and we are off. Skiis up on the Apex. Dead even to about 40 miles per hour then I started to pull away slightly. Raced to about 90 MPH and I was ahead by about 1 sled length. I thought you guys said those things were fast.

TOLD YOU THAT YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE RESULTS SO HERE IS THE REAL STORY.

:tg: :tg: :moon: :moon:

Smoked me out of the hole and steadily pulled away. Had me by about 6 sled lengths at 90 MPH or so. F*^&%K is that thing fast. He even let me drive it for a short way. Now I in LOVE.

My 06 Attak ,clutched with 78 miles on it will out pull my 05 RX1 which I gave to my son in law . It has 4000 miles, clutched, filter kit , jetted ect. When the Attak gets more miles it will keep getting faster, not so for the RXI. I have 2 attaks and they both are quicker. Real facts.

Smokey said:
Apex GT vs Stock 04 RX1 (5000 miles)

Today I met a fellow with a new Apex GT. Convinced him that we should have a race. YOUR NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THE RESULTS.

Hard packed trail just groomed. (A little soft but good hook up) We lined up had a friend acting as a starter, and we even have a video. Arm dropped and we are off. Skiis up on the Apex. Dead even to about 40 miles per hour then I started to pull away slightly. Raced to about 90 MPH and I was ahead by about 1 sled length. I thought you guys said those things were fast.

TOLD YOU THAT YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE RESULTS SO HERE IS THE REAL STORY.

:tg: :tg: :moon: :moon:

Smoked me out of the hole and steadily pulled away. Had me by about 6 sled lengths at 90 MPH or so. F*^&%K is that thing fast. He even let me drive it for a short way. Now I in LOVE.

I was there to witness said race. Smokey got beat like a rented mule.

Hey Smokey, that was me :D. Glad you like, you should have gone for a rip down the Voyager all moguled out, it would have also impressed :Rockon:

Smokey, can you turn the video into a WMV so I can download ?

I have a 05 RX-1 with CPR air and clutching. It feels like it runs good, but my brothers CPR piped VIPER can always pass me by about 80 mph buy the DM.[ with equal hole shots ] Looks like you 06 guys could get him. Im happy for you guys, but Now Im thinking 07. My wife would kill me, but I would die happy.
Keep the reports coming...

Reaper I assume that was you. Revster had the video camera I will see if he can help you out. Thanks again for the ride on your machine.

Nope, has "FlatLand Racing" on it. Was that you on the REV in the #1 ditch with all needles to danger ?

"Even a blind squirel finds a nut once in a while".

Not all 03 thru 05 RX1 are slow. I raced two Apex's and they both lost, out of the hole or from a 30 mph roll on all the way to top end. My 05 RX1 has filter's, clutch kit and gearing. It's all in tuning.... :flag:

all i know is this.after riding and beating up on my buddys 05 rx-1 all stock (just stud's).with my 03 zr 900.i was not a fan of the 4-stroke.i sense thing's.when i first seen the 06 apex.i said to myself,this is the sled.so i decided to sell the cat 900 and try the apex.bottom line.the apex is a awesome sled.500 mile's this weekend in northern maine and what a great time.and i hear it get's even better?wow...im very happy....al...by the way it put's my bud's 05 rx-1 to shame in every way.... :Rockon:

Back