• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX MTX EVOLVED

Malmlof

Veteran
When Yamaha won´t build the mountain sled I would like to buy, I decided to mod my Attak instead! :)
Would never have done this if it wasn´t for totallyamaha site and members! :rocks:

My goal is a "lightweight" Apex MTX with better ergonomics for the rider and good suspension.

This is what I have done so far:

Barkbuster front kit with Fox Float Evol.
Timbersled with Ice age rails, Fox float evol-X rear suspension.
Avid drivers and Challenger Extreme 163x15x2.5 track.
New tunnel extension with skinz rear bumper for the mt Viper.
Removed rear cooler and made slimmer hose holes in tunnel.
Polaris pro-lite seat with Yoshimura Slip-on.
Removed plastic around the tank for more leg room.
Removed side cooler and p-brake.
Made two different sled-wraps for good looks.

Things to do: Roll-over valve and battery relocation in the rear, complete the exhaust system. And make some tunnel covers.
Install Burandt running boards.

So if you have any suggestions for improving this build, feel free to post.

Attachments

• Apex Scratch Wrap.jpg
    Apex Scratch Wrap.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 733
  • Apex Text Wrap.jpg
    Apex Text Wrap.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 679
  • Apex Boggi.jpg
    Apex Boggi.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 798
  • Apex tunnel extension.jpg
    Apex tunnel extension.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 555
  • Apex Barkbuster.jpg
    Apex Barkbuster.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 569

I was thinking of doing the same seat set up . How hard is the install . Mine would be on an rx1 by the way .the back would just be a bolt in . But how is the front . Very sharp looking sled . I like the bottom picture the best .

Thanks fern, to install the Pro-lite seat you need to fabricate a frame under the seat to support it. I will do it next week, gonna take some pictures for you.
It fits amazingly well against the tank, and you get a lot of more room for your legs standing.

I got the exhaust fitted tonight. (The seat is gonna get a RSI cover)

Attachments

• Apex Yoshi.jpg
    Apex Yoshi.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 501
for the seat here is what i did for a mount. Some simple piping from an old swing set (obtained from a junk yard) kinked and bent it a couple times, wahl la. super comfty ride, more of the rider forward effect to say the least. bolted it right to the stock tank mount locations

Polaris Seat

I was looking at putting a seat like this one on my Vector XTX. Have a MagnaFlow undertunnel exhaust, and block off tunnel extension ready to go. wondering if it will be high enough enable me to easily stand, and ride sitting for extended periods.

Attachments

• switchback crop.jpg
    switchback crop.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 396

Back