• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex no start

ppwhite

Well I was able to ride the roads tonight ,holland ny just getting hit with a ton of snow. I fired my 06 apex gt up hit the roads for about 8 miles stop at buddies house for 45 mintues . Went to leave no fuel pump . Had to load it on to a truck and bring it home .Wheni got home i got on ty 4 storke and found the post about hitting fuel pump relay, of course it worked. I see the new parts# Is this corrected relay so this dont happen or just a spare in case it does happen again. Thanks you anesome web site this is. Paul

I read where the Rev sdi's have been doing the same thing when cold. Guys were bringing the relays inside at night while staying up in MtValin. 2 nights ago it was a low of -45F and -20F at noon.(temp, not windchill) It seems the frost is making the contacts not work. Some of there's would also work when tapped on. If the 07's are doing it, it doesn't seem the new relay is the answer, but it's good to have a spare with you.

again...don't panic if you don't have a spare...3 of those relays are the same part number....

Would be nice if someone had some pics and step by step on this.

I realize its not difficult. But with the temps we have here I really havent had the opportunity to crawl around my sled yet. Its just too friggen cold. However would be nice to have a reference in the next few weeks if something were to happen.

I will buy the first beer to whomever posts the pics and step by step :)

all you need is a star screwdriver (phillips) and remove the 2 screws by your left foot and pull the plastic out of the way, stuff your hands in there and start pulling the relays...one of the two closest to the tunnel are the fuel pump...some sleds it's one, some it's the other...

Kevin Garceau said:
do you need to get under the hood or can you get to it from teh footwell?

take ya 2 seconds to yank the side panel....

Now Im starting to get a mental picture of where its at...thanks.

I keep hearing its here or there, but just behind the footwell. I figured it had to go in from the side panel but wasnt quite sure.

look closely, you can see them....

Back