• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex RTX: The first 356 miles!

Spyderman

Extreme

Attachments

• snow cover.JPG
    snow cover.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 142
  • snowcover side.JPG
    snowcover side.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Apex side.JPG
    Apex side.JPG
    421.8 KB · Views: 173
  • brockway mountain.JPG
    brockway mountain.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 135
  • snow fall.JPG
    snow fall.JPG
    436.9 KB · Views: 141
  • deep snow.JPG
    deep snow.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 167
  • helmet camera.JPG
    helmet camera.JPG
    437.5 KB · Views: 132
  • field riding.JPG
    field riding.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 187

Great report! Sounds like a great first trip. How did you like the protection you got from the windshield? I'm glad you like your fox shocks. I also set mine at 55psi. After I read in the mags that some of the demo sleds were set high at 85psi and really stiff, i dropped mine right down. Thats the beauty with them infinite adjustability. I wish your snow would come east!

Excellent post and pics. By the way you wrote I felt like I was right there with you guys. Would've been nice since we currently have no snow at all. :o|

The windshield was relatively warm. In fact it was on a better angle and I was warmed on the RTX than on the ZRT. The handwarmers did not work at all though.

The camcorder goes in a small backpack on your back (its actually one of those camelback things with the water pouch removed - fits everything perfectly and there are holes already in it for the wires to come out! Not sure if I mentioned it, but we have a DC splitter in the bag, and both of the cameras run off the lighter plug on the sled (my buddy installed a lighter plug on his rev so he could use it too. See the picutre below (The ZL500 was ratcheting funny and he had just replaced the chain so we pulled the chaincase cover to double check - the ratcheting turned out to be all of the snow getting in on the belt when we were going through the deep stuff.)

There were no signs of damage by having the engine on its side, but with that being said we didn't leave it there long, and I haven't opened up the engine compartment yet to check (its too darn cold outside right now)

Sheddattak: Your just jealous because you didn't believe that there would be snow up there so you stayed home! (Sheddattak and his cousin were supposed to come along - they have an Apex GT and Attak - we have a big Yamaha crowd, but they thought the conditions would be real bad - John Dee never lies!) :tg:

Videos to come tomorrow!

Attachments

• backpack.JPG
    backpack.JPG
    467.6 KB · Views: 141

Back