• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex seat question

Geezer 2

Pro
I would like some feedback from guys who have installed either the Apex or Attack seat on their Vector? Are you happy with it? Is the ride heigtht and position close to the Apex? Would you do it again or just trade sleds. I really like the Vector but I'm sure I would like the forward riding postion.
Thanks

It was the best mod I did to my Rage but I put a Nytro seat on it. It was like riding a new sled.

Yeah, what they said. It is a different sled with the mods and I love it! Looks and rides better for me and the trunk is definitely a bonus!

Attachments

• New seat and bars.jpg
    New seat and bars.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 76
Apex Seat

Thanks guys. How high can you raise the bar without needing new cables? I was thinking I would need to go up 4 inches with the addition of the Apex seat.
Strokes, you are right it made your sled look SWEET.

Geezer 2

I up 4 inch and had to do the trottle and move the others around and brake line its tight but can be done, I did ride it with the old trottle cable but in the tight turns it would turn on the gas, not something you want.

I went up 3 1/2 inches with a Rox riser. As long as you dont go over 4 inches, all you have to do is reroute the brake line and emergengy line. I think you can take the throttle out of the loop and it will be OK.

The Vector Mountain throttle cable is only $20 at the dealer if you need a longer throttle cable.
Just put the Nytro seat on my 05 Rage and just sitting on it it feels like a different machine... can't wait to see how it feels when I actually get it on the trails.
Thanks for the tips on the upgrade Judge!

BTW I used aviation snips to cut my fuel tank shroud and a 4' sanding disc on a grinder to fine tune the cut.

Attachments

• Rage small.JPG
    Rage small.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 77
You just made it a "new" sled all over again. You will love it. It will be a lot colder if you ride when it is below zero. You will get a lot more wind from the chest up. :-o
Your welcome, anytime. ;)!

Back