• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex wont re start after exhaust "rag test"

Ak Yammy

Expert
Ok got my exhaust back together and did a quick rag test to make sure all is sealed tight. Passed as machine quit but now I cannot get it to re start. I did make the mistake of doing this before it was fully warmed so am wondering if I fouled the plugs. When I tried to re start it ran for a bit then quit then it would fire but not start up. I tried throttle in all positions but it did nothing. Next day tried again same result run for a few seconds then quit and would not start.
Does this sound like a plug foul scenario? It's going to be fun to change them as machine is out side. :o|

Some one posted once to take the fuel relay out and crank it over then put it back and try it in a flooding situation.

TBay Sledhead said:
take the plugs out, burn them with a torch which should clean them up and reinstall.

X2

You could also try cranking at full throttle until it starts to fire could take awhile.

have something to keep your battery juiced and crank the sh!t out of it wide open throttle only.

The price of a starter is 3>400 dollars. Take it easy on the starter. Much cheaper to replace the plugs.

I always like to to a follow up on my posts in case someone finds this on a search. Changed out plugs and she fired right up and ran great. Plugs were very fouled and wet and they may have been saved by just torching them but I did not want to take the chance of having to go through the plug change again. So lesson here if you need to do an exhaust "rag" test don't be a dork like me and let it warm up so you don't foul the plugs. ;)!

Back