• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex XTX front shock pivot arm

02ViperMody44

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
2013 Yamaha XTX
YAHOO
ramody44@yahoo.com
Had my suspension pulled apart, on my '13 Apex XTX, for a couple of months, due to having sent out my shocks for rebuild and other "necessities", when upon putting it back together, the front of the skid seems very stiff and doesn't really compress much with a jack under the front of it. Just want to confirm that the pivot arm is setting in the skid correctly. I don't know if it is because the shocks are freshly rebuilt, or if the suspension is binding. Just want to make sure she is right. I don't recall having as much of an issue trying to get my grease gun in to grease the pivot arms fittings, like I did after assembly I know the track is dirty!!
Just looking for second opinion.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ApexFrontShock1.jpg
    ApexFrontShock1.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 100
  • ApexFrontShock2.jpg
    ApexFrontShock2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 99
  • ApexFrontShock3.jpg
    ApexFrontShock3.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 104
  • ApexFrontShock4.jpg
    ApexFrontShock4.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 95
  • ApexFrontShock5.jpg
    ApexFrontShock5.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 100

Had my suspension pulled apart, on my '13 Apex XTX, for a couple of months, due to having sent out my shocks for rebuild and other "necessities", when upon putting it back together, the front of the skid seems very stiff and doesn't really compress much with a jack under the front of it. Just want to confirm that the pivot arm is setting in the skid correctly. I don't know if it is because the shocks are freshly rebuilt, or if the suspension is binding. Just want to make sure she is right. I don't recall having as much of an issue trying to get my grease gun in to grease the pivot arms fittings, like I did after assembly I know the track is dirty!!
Just looking for second opinion.
Thanks in advance

yep you got it wrong
the nipple should not face each other like that
i did the same thing
it will be supper stiff
by the way best thing i did was star kit

OK, thanks, it's an hour away at the moment, will tinker with her next trip up.

Back