• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX XTX OFFICIAL!

whats the difference between the xtx 144 ck suspension and the apex 144 ck suspension?

subaru2006

New Yamaha

Yes I was very dissapointed. Looks like Yamaha engineers are loosing sight of what the public wants. The thing doesn't look any lighter. I love my XtX as well. Loved the Apex as well but it was more of a tank on tight trails but handled way better in icy conditions. If they want to know we wanted a 170 hp three cylinder with a 144" track and a new suspention that doesn't eat slides. 50 more lbs lighter than a nytro, lower CG, redesigned for better foot placement and knee pads. Its not that hard. Get the CAD programs going and get away from the coffee breaks. Yamaha stocks will be dropping in the next few years while AC takes up most of the lost sales along with BRP. I still love my XtX

morrisond said:
Th lack of engine braking really keeps the front from Diving when you let off into a corner.

But then you have to touch the brakes to get the same rate of slowdown so same drop. Engine braking is one of the reasons I like the four stroke. Eliminating it makes it like the two strokes.

In other words back on the brakes to slow down instead of just letting off the throttle.

Oh well sell more brake pads!

Re: New Yamaha

gems4sale said:
If they want to know we wanted a 170 hp three cylinder with a 144" track and a new suspention that doesn't eat slides. 50 more lbs lighter than a nytro, lower CG, redesigned for better foot placement and knee pads. I

Speak for your self. I want the four cylinder 170 hp and want it in the Venture chassis as well as the Apex. The three sounds like, well a three!

Back