• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Racing at New England Dragway, Epping New Hampshire.

SUPERTUNER

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.easterncycleperf.com
Sunday October 17. This will pretty much be the last hurrah for the asphalt this season. After the testing is complete this weekend for the MOD airbox on the grass, we are going to take a stone stock RX1 to NED to test the stock airbox versus my ECP Air Kit versus my ECP MOD airbox.

If any of you are close and want to join us, we would welcome you! Plus you have never laughed like you will with me and Paul Mag!

Paul Mag and I have been racing a deep 8 second nearly 300 HP Arctic Cat for a few years now so this stock RX1 at a whopping 132 HP should really get our attention! LOL. :shock: :flag:

Freddie, Are you going to run Paul's "NEW" black '03??

It's my old sled he bought and picked up last Sunday. He mentioned he had just been with you the previous day. I will be curious to see how the stocker runs.. (mine or not).
He also told me his plans for the sled if everything goes right... That should be one fast machine. He seemed like a great guy.

Good luck and have fun

Re: Asphalt Racing at New England Dragway, Epping New Hampsh

SUPERTUNER said:
Paul Mag and I have been racing a deep 8 second nearly 300 HP Arctic Cat for a few years now so this stock RX1 at a whopping 132 HP should really get our attention! LOL. :shock: :flag:

I thought the stock RX-1's were more like 140-145 horsepower. :eek:
Is this Rx-1 your testing a slacker or am I mistaken?

"I thought the stock RX-1's were more like 140-145 horsepower.
Is this Rx-1 your testing a slacker or am I mistaken?"

:ORC

Keep an eye out for Jim Hoess, Lawrence Stiles (my uncle), maybe Kevin Bailey. I think they'll be there. Uncle Larry runs a stock SRX that runs about 10 flat at 121ish on asphalt in the 1/4. "Reynolds Motorsports" on the hood. Good luck wit the RX1 setups. :Rockon:

4stroker said:
Freddie, Are you going to run Paul's "NEW" black '03??

I haven't seen the sled yet 4stroker. If it is black, then I guess that is the one!

QCRider...not grassdragging this weekend. Wish I was though. Too busy at the shop. I take it by "Fremont" that you actually mean Epping?

Yamaholic and Buckeye...don't believe what you read. They all have made consistent 132- 136 on my dyno...EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Wolfie...I know JIm will be there.

"SUPERTUNER" Any chance you could snap a pic of the cowl mod required for your airbox mod. This is the only hangup I've got about going with mod airbox vs. air kit. :?

140-145 hp???

well this sled is stock.... not any mods at all. Yes stroker it it yours....

as far as hp... i spend 3 days dynoing this stone and they concur with Freddie's numbers to a tee... I run a land and sea to do some testing but as this project progresses, the ECP dyno will be an intergral part of this test...

Island Dragway tomorrow... will post my results.... I have to say... it will be alittle boring since the 2 stroker sits downstairs

but... stay tuned.... (or Supertuned)

Mag

Freddie,

"Yamaholic and Buckeye...don't believe what you read. They all have made consistent 132- 136 on my dyno...EVERY SINGLE ONE. "

I was agreeing with you, not Yamaholic.

:o|

well... alittle boring.....

ok I am back....
run 1 6.966 1/8 mile 100.73 mph
11.259 1/4 mile 111.36

run 2 7.029 1/8 mile 104.85
11.357 1/4 mile 111.01

run 3 7.033 1/8 mile 104.90
11.367 1/4 mile 110.86

got bored at that point and left... it is alittle different that my 8 second 2 stroke but this is work in progress. I would bet an 11.35 dial will make many rounds with this sled.
Again this is completly stock, has minor clutching, and nothing else so if you look at hp/weight..... this is really impressive....

ps... coming from a different brand brought alot of attension to my trailer.......

Mag

Re: Asphalt Racing at New England Dragway, Epping New Hampsh

SUPERTUNER said:
Sunday October 17. This will pretty much be the last hurrah for the asphalt this season. After the testing is complete this weekend for the MOD airbox on the grass, we are going to take a stone stock RX1 to NED to test the stock airbox versus my ECP Air Kit versus my ECP MOD airbox.

Freddie did you test with your ECP Air Kit and the ECP MOD airbox?

Back