• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2003 (RX1)

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Hey Guys, Starting tomorrow, 4/26/03, I will be starting my asphalt racing at Wisconsin International Raceway, in Kaukauna Wis. I will be posting results of different aftermarket items, and clutching/jetting changes that we do to the RX1, which include 60 ft., 660ft w/ speed, 1320ft. w/speed. Join me here, ask questions, or just voice comments that we should try. Have a good one, and check back often.

Hey guys, I hope it does good also. WISH ME LUCK. I am thinking it's going to run low 11's box stock, but looking for 9's toward the end of the season. I guess we will see what it takes to get there.

I know it will do it on the bottle, but I'm gonna do alot before I put that on. This thing should rock!!!

Nos-Pro your getting the jump on me, I won't get to the pavment until mid may. This gives me time to work on the suspention, I'm tring to get the mighty rx to lay completly on the ground. Thats not easy with this suspention compared to a srx, it won't lay on the ground when the springs are softened as far as they go. I guess I will have to relocate something.As far as et's go I don't expect much more than mid to high 11's stock with clutching and with my 195 lbs weight. Good luck and I will ckeck in on your progres.

Do you have your sightes on a turbo? That would be interesting to see. Very good idea posting all your stuff here. It will be interesting to see the results as you do the modifications. Good luck! And keep the track side down.

I would love to run a turbo, and might after I find one that lasts. I'll be watching the posts for that. (warranty, performance, longevity) Suspension is going to be tricky, trying to get perfect weight transfer, while lowering the sled. Just leaving for track now, thought I would check posts. We have a poll going on what it will do stock, (doing the 60 second square box, to see what the time will be. Example: 12.01 the winner would be #1 square. Should be interesting.) Will post sunday night 7:00pm CDT. Talk to ya later.

Well guys, I've got bad news and good news. Good news is the RX1 placed 4th for the opening weekend of racing! That's out of 21 entries! Bad news is, the track lanes sucked, and my track compound it too hard. The thing spun sooo much, it wasn't even funny. My 60 foot times were 2.914-1.991. The funny part is that it was spinning consistantly every time. Started out Saturday time runs, with a best time of 12.402 @ 109.62 mph. Today's best was a 12.318 @ 100.36 mph. Teperature was 75-84 for both days, and 30% humidity. The RX1 mph if hooked up, will run an 11.68-11.75 , that's what a ski-doo was running today and hooking up. The downfall is this engine holds sooo much heat, I have to configure a new cooldown for it. Time was 25 min. between rounds, and after I would cool it down, and get back in the staging lanes, it would rise back to 160. Well the temp light would flash when it hit 210 shutting it down by the trailer, so no damage was done, but this wasn't a hot day. Yamaha stock belts are'nt made for this either, started with 109mph, now down to 100! The belt is shot, with having 400 miles and 14 runs down the track. Kevlar, here we come. I will be switching to a softer compound track, for next weekend racing. I won't be changing anything till this thing gets 1.600 60 ft. times. This sled made everybody take notice, and was the last sled out of 13 to run against the bikes. So all in all, a pretty good start. Talk to ya later. :D

Hey silverbullet, Ya, I think I did pretty good, until I redlight. Just found out today, I tied for 3rd. Softer track is on the way, should be here Wed.
Gotta get this thing in the 1.5 60 ft.

Great nos-pro i dident want to burst ya bubble way back when we were talking about 9s,to do that u will need more than nos,set up is where it is at on asphalt,ya need your 60 ' times in 1.35-1.40 to be in the hot rod class,this is not to say that every one who started wasent right were u are,cause they were,dont let any one kid ya,its alot of work and testing. Did u take out ya themostate? To bad u coud not get a hold of a proline suspension and a 12" track u will gain a quick .5ths and 5+mph easy,if u put on softer compound drive belt u will loose rpms just keep that in mind,and good luck. thanks for a great post. later :D

Back