• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak seat modification

loligager

Veteran

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 157
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 111

I've got a new (in the package) Yamaha seat cover from my 06 RTX if anyone wants to replace there's while making this mod. Skins ones are about $200, I go $100+ shipping. I know the corners of the one on my sled had some wear. I was going to do the same thing as you loli but ended up selling the sled before I did. Looks great, ;)! definitely agree about the foam being too soft.

Korth Upholstery. Located in Appleton WI. (920) 734-2526‎. About $400. Excellent workmanship. They formed the foam to fit around the tank shroud and put in new vinyl material etc so that the seat could wrap around the tank.

Here is mine. Looks exactly the same as stock. I had the upholsterer replace the bottom silver lower panel with all black and also remove a 7" thick section of foam and replace with high density foam. It is a lot firmer so I don't sink down as much as I did with the stock foam. Season is done but I am hoping that it makes the seat a lot more comfortable. Cost me $150 CDN.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 99
  • seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 101
I have not gotten around to changing the foam out but did correct a wrong bestowed apon us by YAMAHA. I have always hated the looks of the sagging a$$ of the apex seats compared to the rx1 seats that look very stylish. I changed the bottom so the seat doesnt get taller in the back and is taller in the front. small detail I know but it has always bothered me.

Attachments

• CIMG6459.JPG
    CIMG6459.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 111
  • CIMG6454.JPG
    CIMG6454.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 102
I just opened my seat and put in a 2in. piece the last half of the seat underneath OEM Doesn't sound like much but. 2 in. will make a differnce. This is 2.8 Fire Retardant Med Density. Wont' mat down and stay down.
Stock seat wasn't too bad but figured I'd try this. Quick and easy. I'm a upholster of 38 years.

CaptCaper said:
I just opened my seat and put in a 2in. piece the last half of the seat underneath OEM Doesn't sound like much but. 2 in. will make a differnce. This is 2.8 Fire Retardant Med Density. Wont' mat down and stay down.
Stock seat wasn't too bad but figured I'd try this. Quick and easy. I'm a upholster of 38 years.

Are there public distributors of this foam?, matbe medium to high density. I'm assuming a closed cell is the way to go for water resistance. I'd like to play around with some different seat combinations and not sure what the end product will be so taking to to a pro really won't do it, at least not yet.

closed cell is good. very good. but very firm. Check Ebay for foam. Distributors probably won't sell unless you have an account and prove you are in business for use of foams.
If I wasn't so busy I would take the piece thats riveted on my seat to make a storage area out and fill with closed cell so I can sit further back without have the tip of this plastic piece dig into my butt bottom..Like I said I didn't find the seat too bad so I just added a piece and put it back.

Back