• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bad experience with a repair shop in Old Forge. (S....... S... Shed)

Update. The credit card company cannot recoup the charges because the shop lied and said I did not say anything about the throttle sticking at the time of the accident. Total BS. Whatever, stay away from these guys. VERY dishonest. Had a good season dispite them.

Remember there are two sides to every story, For those who are interested, you may view a copy of the police report wherein Mr. Datesman admitted the accident was his fault as well as a full report of how the accident happened due to Mr. Dateman hitting the throttle too hard after letting the machine run unatteneded for ten minutes (sled never moved as throttle was NOT stuck). All paperwork relating to this incident can be viewed onthe bulletin board in the Sled Shed waiting room. Thank you for taking the time to read this and realize what you hear or read may not be the tue story.

Wow........More lies. I wasn't even going to involve the police. I only did so about an hour later after it became apparent that this place wasn't going to stand behind their mistakes.
The police saw the sled after the shop repositioned the throttle cable. I posted this on several local Facebook pages and the response has been unbelievable. Many others who have been mistreated by this shop. The stories seem endless. You can believe whomever you wish but if you use this shop you are rolling the dice. Good luck and have a safe year.

Last edited:
"All paperwork relating to this incident can be viewed onthe bulletin board in the Sled Sheds VERY EMPTY waiting room. " Fixed that for ya

Back