• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bed Liner on tunnel?

newfie09xtx

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S
Has anyone done this on their nytro? Would be interested in seeing pics if someone has.

I have seen it done before, looks pretty good. im actually thinking about this myself....

powder coat works well

Attachments

• 13669287735844.jpg
    13669287735844.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 191
Tunnel coat

I sprayed mine this summer with (Between the Line designs) tunnel coat. I used a spray gun (air) and it took me a little over an hour, do to the thickness of the coating and trying to get a good coat on everything. I spent a lot of time cleaning and ruffing up with a scotch brite pad and then wiping down with acetone. I then taped up everything to prevent spray on bolts, nuts and exhaust system. The stuff came out great and feels like the Teflon in a frying pan.

Pete

I Just Put a carbon fiber wrap on mine i really like that but my brother was thinking of spraying bed liner on his nytro what kind were you thinking of spraying

pay2play said:
newfie09xtx said:
Has anyone done this on their nytro? Would be interested in seeing pics if someone has.
We're you thinking on the underside of the tunnel or outside of the tunnel?

I was thinking the outside of the tunnel. While polishing looks good 2 rides in and your shine starts to go. Powdercoating would be ideal but ideal cost a lot of $$$ and more expertise than I have.

Re: Tunnel coat

herndonp said:
I sprayed mine this summer with (Between the Line designs) tunnel coat. I used a spray gun (air) and it took me a little over an hour, do to the thickness of the coating and trying to get a good coat on everything. I spent a lot of time cleaning and ruffing up with a scotch brite pad and then wiping down with acetone. I then taped up everything to prevent spray on bolts, nuts and exhaust system. The stuff came out great and feels like the Teflon in a frying pan.

Pete
Can you post a pic? I'd like to see the tunnel coat...

A buddy of mine did plasti dip. Looked good but started peeling after a bit. He didn't exactly baby it neither. Thought about that bed liner spray. Used the Duplicolor stuff on some quad racks and it sticks good. The only downside is that it is rough looking, not smooth. Dull in color like flat black. I think you can clear overtop to make it shine. I would stop at the running boards and not spray them. That's where his peeling started.

Tunnel coat

I'll try and get a picture and post. The tunnel coat is for inside the tunnel(to help prevent ice buildup). They also make a tunnel coat for outside (running boards etc.)

Pete

Back