• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Squeal at Idle/Hard Shifting Fix

I few new questions now lol. While I was doing my oil change, I had the belt off and I could rotate the secondary backwards and forwards about 1/4 turn before it engaged with something. ( before it stopped in either direction) is this normal for a second to have that much free play back and forth. The belt was off at the time.
It's not a quarter turn, but yes.

You know what though, I’m finding A LOT of loose and rattling rivets all over the place. It’s crazy!!! Can the sled fall apart??? I guess you have to drill the loose ones out and change them right? How can it do that. I don’t get it.

yes. she might have pulled hard through some rough trails. i have had to rivit the tunnel back on 3 sleds as the rivits where loose. had to re rivit a few suspension mounts as they where popping rivts on a few sleds as well.

It's not a quarter turn, but yes.
Maybe it was less than a 1/4 turn but it was a fair amount of movement. What is it that has that much slack in there? I’m glad this is normal though.

Maybe it was less than a 1/4 turn but it was a fair amount of movement. What is it that has that much slack in there? I’m glad this is normal though.
Hard to explain without seeing how it works in the chain case.

it needs that much rotation/play for it to shift between gears.

it needs that much rotation/play for it to shift between gears.
Oh I see. I thought the chain or something was stretched out beyond hope.

You know something, those 3 little innocent bolts behind the secondary ( the look like they don’t to squat) were actually nicely ground down just like someone took a grinder to the tips. Belt was squealing and the sled would not shift at all when running. Well, I found 3 bolts that were about 1 mm longer and bam!!! Now it shifts while the sled is running and no more squealing. Now that made me happy. But honestly, what kind of crazy design is that eh???

It's actually by design to allow you to make adjustments to keep you belt at the right height in the secondary. Might want to consider becoming a VIP member which provides you access to these service manuals. Once you become a VIP, just PM a moderator and they will get you setup. ;)!

Secondary.JPG

Additionally, those screws were most likely not filed down as they come that way:

secondarybolt.JPG

Oh man, the certainty don’t look like the picture. That non threaded tip is complete gone. It’s just threads now.

And of course a new question. I did not see a drain plug for the heat case!! I thought there was a drain plug?? Am I just not seeing it? It’s a 2018 sled.

New plugs going in today. And hopefully new gear oil.

Back