• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent Valve or Piston: Sled in the Shop for Service

why not make anyone who joins give their serial number as part of their application this should help weed out fakers and jealous 2 strokers anyone who posts without proper ID is a poser and labelled accordingly.

Just an Idea

:4STroke:

i don't know who monkey boy is but i did go into the shop at greatlakes powersports in flint and jimmy d [mechanic] did have an attack tore down. 1400 miles on it and he said it dropped a valve. bet this is monkey boys sled. jimmy d told me its only the 2nd four stroke they have ever gotten back for motor work. that's the truth, like it or not. ray

after going back and reading all the post on this thread i can't believe how rude some of you guys are. i have been visiting ty for a long time [member #17 on 2 stroke side] and i have noticed a change for the worse in the way people treat others here from years past. i see long time members who have always shared information getting slammed and deciding to keep to themselves. can't blame them but the people who lose are the ones who appreciate the help. take this for what it's worth but if you see yourself as one of the rude ones, lighten up. ray

"""""" Hold it here """" what happen to the chicks on the beach.....I thought that picture was taken on the shores of Superior. Iam going to miss that view every morning...Was the wife looking over your shoulder..LOL.. :moon: :moon: Bill

SledFreak said:
Well, I can you this, that in all of Canada, since 03, the Yamaha Rep told me they could count on 1 hand how many motors went down. Something is not right....

Snowmobiles are made by man, not God. So not one of them are going to be perfect. I believe the chances are greater with a 4 stroke yamaha getting me home are greater.
Although one rx1 from around here tossed a rod through the front of the engine, for no real reason known. Yamaha replaced, thank god for warranty.

1xr said:
Snowmobiles are made by man, not God.

umm..the MachZ was made by God. Just check Dootalk. :ORC

rapeape said:
Monkey Boy, I'd suggest not using CAPITAL LETTERS and exclamation points!!!! if you want sincere answers to your posts.

what does it matter, stop picking on this guy!! some people use all capital letters, some don't eve use capitals ever!! It's not a spelling bee.
Maybe his keyboard is locked on Caps? 1 outta 1000 members uses all capitals...woopdy doo. It's not like he is replying to an arguement, so don't go saying it looks like he is yelling....

Monkey Boy, I hope they find the source of your problem and get it fixed soon!!

Holy Moly guys!!!!!!......give the poor guy a break,these motors do break ,all motors will break sooner or later!

this poor guy is gonna be so afraid to post here ever again.

lets all just calm down here and see what happens with his motor....Im confident yammie will warrantee it and all will be well...

if we judged an entire manufacturer on the basis of one or two motors going down,then there would only be one manufacturer left!....and you know who that is!..

imagine if DOOs sales were based on how many motors squeaked?....geees...they wouldnt be in Biz anymore...lol

dan

Back