• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best goggles for snowmobiling

best goggles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • scott

• smith

• Oakley

• other

• Total voters

I think riding style and helmet have a lot to do with what goggles work for someone and not for others.

509's are great... despite their horrible customer service... anyone else experience this? When I made an order with them it took them more than 2 weeks to even ship the order (it did not say anything i ordered was out of stock)! I could have had them in my hands the next day had i ordered from ebay.

humdngr said:
509's are great... despite their horrible customer service... anyone else experience this? When I made an order with them it took them more than 2 weeks to even ship the order (it did not say anything i ordered was out of stock)! I could have had them in my hands the next day had i ordered from ebay.

Did you call them or order online? It seems like a lot of there products are out of stock often. I did break some lens and they sent some out right away, so I only have good to say about that. I have had that problem with products out of stock not stated when ordered, it is a real pain especially when you get the same product elsewhere right now.

What type of riding are you guys with the 509's doing? I find mine to be good playing off trail but horrible on trail.

Mainly on trail. I have found they don't do very well when it's snowing heavy out or in heavy snow dust. Seems to get snow dust in between the lens. My only issues

Just bought the new style of sinister goggles for 13, and their new helmet combo. Hope it works as good as I hear and they say

I also bought a new 509 helmet and the sinister x5 combo. Haven't tested them out yet but they seem to be a tight fit all around the goggles.

All that helmet shopping made me feel like a walrus at a Tupperware sale
Looking for a tight seal

I have a few pairs of goggles. The wife bought me a hjc clx6 last Christmas, and got me a matching pair of castle goggles. I figured the castles would be crap operationally, but they work very well in the hjc I have. The smiths I have ,octanes iirc, work well too. Both fit nicely in the hjc helmet both I and the op have. I tried a set of 509s from a friend, and was not impressed, as they didn't fit as well in the helmet. I've been wearing an MX style helmet for over 15 years for snowmobiling, so I have a bit of experience with this type of Helmet. I voted smith fwiw.

I ride mostly on trail with my set up, but even busting trail across lakes with deep snow is no problem. No snow issues, or fogging issues in any way I ride. With any MX helmet though, you should always wear a good balaclava. Also a great tint of lens to get is yellow. Yellow works will at night and during the day.

509 aviators with polarized lens and 509 helmet for me is the best combination ive tried. And unlike the comment above customer service was very good when i warrantied a lens. They promptly shipped me another free of charge.

509s are just the hot brand now. Kudos to them for being such a new company to have so many want their product.

You need to make sure that the goggles you get fit your helmet.

Heated shield for trail riding is way better than goggles!

Back