• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Rear skid

HYFLYR said:
I must say your builder is welcome to his own opinion but thats all it really is, a opinion. I've been running a timbersled for three years now with zero tunnel issues, along with all my customers, 30+ skids at least! I will admit I was not a fan of their old drop brackets but their new ones are much better, however I run the cr drop brackets because they are braced much better than the original timersled drop brackets.

Ive seen bent rear arms from timbersled but they also stood behind them and warrantied all parts, but that was their old design and have no issues with the newest design. If anything I place blame on too narrow of brackets for bending tunnels, not skid design.

Exactly what I was thinking. Where my tunnel is bent, is along the edge of the drop bracket. If the Timbersled brackets were an inch wider on each side where they attach inside the tunnel, I don't think there would be any issue.

CR brackets spread the stress out on the tunnel MUCH better. Looks like it's close to double the width (compared to my Timbersled brackets) where the bracket attaches to the inside of the tunnel. This is what I was going to order this summer to swap out my brackets with.

LSXM3 said:
Hyflyr the only and ONLY reason i will not go with a timber sled is due to the additional brackets that the tunnel will need to reinforce it due to the the extreme stress a timber sled skid puts on the tunnel and thats straight from my builders mouth not mine. I agree they do ride nice as its the only mountain skid i have actually ridden but im looking for something else.

Apex06 & woodsrider i have read alot about the ez-ride an its a viable option as well.

I am not a fan of the original brackets from Timbersled, but the CR Brackets are fantastic. IMO, your tunnel vendor needs to do something different. I am running the CR's w/out a single issue.

I love the customer service from Timbersled. I had one minor problem, and they were really quick to respond.

Customer service is worth the price.

HYFLYR said:
LSXM3 said:
Hyflyr the only and ONLY reason i will not go with a timber sled is due to the additional brackets that the tunnel will need to reinforce it due to the the extreme stress a timber sled skid puts on the tunnel and thats straight from my builders mouth not mine. I agree they do ride nice as its the only mountain skid i have actually ridden but im looking for something else.

Apex06 & woodsrider i have read alot about the ez-ride an its a viable option as well.

I must say your builder is welcome to his own opinion but thats all it really is, a opinion. I've been running a timbersled for three years now with zero tunnel issues, along with all my customers, 30+ skids at least! I will admit I was not a fan of their old drop brackets but their new ones are much better, however I run the cr drop brackets because they are braced much better than the original timersled drop brackets.

Ive seen bent rear arms from timbersled but they also stood behind them and warrantied all parts, but that was their old design and have no issues with the newest design. If anything I place blame on too narrow of brackets for bending tunnels, not skid design.

I was wrong in the post, it was the original brackets from timbersled he was referencing to. With that said he does make His own drop brackets that are more than strong enough.

Whats a timbersled rear skid cost for a 144/146" ?

Back