• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best ski for xtx viper

YAMMAROB

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XTX Viper Hurricane Turbo,
2015 MTX Viper
Sons: 2009 Phazer Suprecharged RTX Streched to 153
What is the best ski for a xtx viper mostly trail riding

Best overall ski appears to be the Curve. Contact the people at Curve and they will assist with the selection process.

They work well on and off trail!

That's what I was thinking just looking for advice

Curves

I just installed a set of curves on my ltx 2 days ago.. I have about 80 miles on them now and all the hype is true. Makes the front end stick like glue. They set me up with 6" carbides .

I was running the 4" staggered cat carbide on the stock ski .lots of push , unpredictable handling . Minimal darting .

The curve has little to no push and steering effort is nice ,about the same as stock now im able to hold a tight inside line on icy corners with ease . One thing ... I did not do the leading edge carbides for anti darting ... I will be adding these ... The curves do dart a little more than my stock setup,especially when your off the gas .

The people there are very helpful and shipping was super fast

I am running the stockers with Bergstrom carbides--no darting and sticks like glue.

I am running Simmons with 2 - 8" carbides I now have just a little push but the steering is harder than a dump truck with broken power steering.

I put 235 miles on SLP Mohawk Skis this last weekend. I thought Powder Pro's were awesome... These are now my favorite ski! A little darting on decel at slow speed but rock solid when on the gas, at high speed, and with only a 6" carbide they bite extremely well in the corners with very little push regardless of the snow conditions. I get the occasional inside ski lift but I think that's because I run a stiff front end.

I've never tried Curve ski's but many here seem to be on their nuts, haha.

Back