• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Hills SD

RoyalBlue

Lifetime Member
Website
upstaging.com
Trailered out to the Buckhorn (WY) rode around Mallo Camp area and Trails Head Lodge lots of landmines off trail , trails have been panned with exposed rocks need more snow but rideable , locals think it sucks , rate it a 4.

We have had no rain here since April :dunno:

keep me updated please going out and staying at mystic hills jan 23-jan 27

Dirt

Down to the dirt to many sleds in town and no snow , seen some people on Mtn Sleds on bare dirt trails gotta luv that :jump:

Mid 30s and sun for the next week on Noaa :die

Keep heading west to Tog or Cooke

snow

We received 11 in so far and it is still snowing, not a lot of moisture in the snow but we will take it , more snow up high around Trailshead or Mystic.

snow

Total snowfall from yesterdays snow event 17 inches , more snow up at higher elevations , groomers are out , still have to lookout for stumps and rocks , cattle guards off and on trail , il give it a 7 , getting better.

Trailshead Lodge and Lewies has the Chili and Burgers on , worth the trip alone.

3 Yamaha Dealers in the area , standing by to help you out.

No trail permits required in South Dakota

;)!

B

snow

Took a ride today Deadwood-Rec Springs-Spearfish Canyon some good & some bad, lots of sun made the snow lay down pretty good , groomers are out , still a lot of exposed rocks on the trail , tried to throw most of the State Farm Rocks off of the trail.

Lots of Landmines off trail , you may want to stay on the trail . I give it a 5 at best.

Ride Safe.

B

:exc:

thank you for the updates. might not come out the 23rd if this keeps up. please keep updates coming!

snow

Stone9 said:
thank you for the updates. might not come out the 23rd if this keeps up. please keep updates coming!

No Problem,

Calling for snow next week , the hard thing around here is predict the weather , you can get a little storm blow thru and it hangs up in the mountains and spins around for 3 days and you get 4 ft or you get 4 ft and the sun comes out for 10 days.

We ate at Rec Springs and the Grilled Chicken Breast Rocked ;)!

oh yeah had the chicken breast last year. I love the buckhorn burger

dialed

Mickleson Trail

Attachments

• 2013-01-04_09-34-40_735.jpg
    2013-01-04_09-34-40_735.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 444
Not Bad

We rode from Hooville (Lead) to Black Fox today and then Trailshead Lodge , trails were in pretty good shape no bare spots (non in corners or ice) still a stray rock here and there but very rideable and enjoyable , we seen a lot of Familys out today , great to see that people are getting outside and enjoying and visiting the Black Hills.

We had Sandys Chili today at Trailshead , hands down the Best! in The Hills , your still asking for trouble off trail until we get more Pow , but if you need to ride , trailer to Trailshead and enjoy the ride , Noaa is calling for a Storm on Tuesday will update then.

Il give it a 6.5.

;)!

B

Yes we got about 6 inches supposed to get another 2 to 3 tonight , the trails are a 7 and off trail sucks , we better get some accumulation or a loaf of bread will be 8 bucks , flew to Fargo yesterday and all I seen was dead grass and half empty rivers and lakes. #$%&*

Pro Snocross in Deadwood Feb 1 all of the big boys will be there even Hibbert ,now that will be a hoot there calling it the Deadwood Shootout :jump:

i'd settle for just trails right now! Are all teh trails a 7, or on-average they are a 7?

Back