• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boondocker Install

polarisconvert

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Ted Jennety Clutching, jetting, air box mod.
Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo 128" Rear Suspension
128" Hacksaw 1" track.
Heated seat
Hey guys
I bought a Boondocker kit used. After I installed it the sled (with help from the previous owner) it would not start. It does crank but not fire. I could not see the Boondocker box screen turn on with the key or while cranking. Later I found out the acc outlet that you plug the module into does not power up until after the sled starts. I unplugged the Boondocker and put the sled back to stock and it starts fine. Any ideas of what I can look for or test?
Thanks Bruce

I got some more info on this today so I thought I would post it in case any body else runs into this problem. So it looks like the unit gets it's power from the accessories circuit. What did not make sense is that the accessories circuit does not power up until the sled starts. Today I found out that that side of the power is for the nitrous side of the system. The power that powers up the Boondocker unit comes off of # 4 injector, last injector on the mag side. The red wire off of that injector powers up the Controller. I still don't know what my problem is but with this additional info I should be able to diagnose. I am guessing it is a ground issue but not sure. I put the ground wire on the engine and it tested good. I will mess around with it tonight. The guy that owned it before me always had it on a chassis ground.
I will post what the problem was when I get done.

If you need another bottle with a dip tube in it I have one that I don’t use anymore that I d love to find a new home for. I think I only filled it once before I wrecked the sled and parted everything out. If your interested let me know and we can work something out.

Ok guys, I moved my ground from the engine to the chassis and no luck. Next I tried to power up the controller off of the red wire on the injector and nothing. I then unplugged all the connectors on the Boondocker harness and started looking to see if all the pins were the same height. I found one that was low. I turned the connector over and the wire for that pin was sticking out of the connector. I pushed it back in until it seated and plugged everything back together. She fired right up.

Attachments

• 20210111_191447.jpg
    20210111_191447.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 117
If you need another bottle with a dip tube in it I have one that I don’t use anymore that I d love to find a new home for. I think I only filled it once before I wrecked the sled and parted everything out. If your interested let me know and we can work something out.
I am interested, please text me your number and I will call you, 989.277.573zero

Back