• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boondockers NOS Jetting Question.

rsemi1

O.K., either I'm searching the correct words or there isn't any info on this.

I just installed Boondocker NOS kit with the new regulator on my '03 RX-1 Mtn. I'm running the stock airbox with no mods. I am currently running 132.5 mains and I ride from 3000-7000 ft.

With this system what do I need to do with jetting? Any and all info is appreciated.

Semi :o| :nos

Im not familiar with boondocker kit but the boss kit you dont have to touch the jetting in the carbs as fuel is added into the carb boots and you just adjust the fuel going into the carb boots when your on the nitrous.I would think the boondocker would be the same.

Actually not so. I've got the Boss Noss system on my MM, but the Boondocker system uses the float bowl pressure for added fuel delivery.

It creates a low pressure situation in the airbox when the NOS is actuated. So, it is a bit different.

Semi :yam:

I think 165-167 is what's recommended in the instructions - but that's for using the K&Ns (you also have to cut or change your diaphram springs). For the stock airbox, you will probably have to go even bigger (maybe 170-190?) because there's a lot of negative pressure inside the airbox where the carbs are now vented (I don't think you have to change the diaphram springs). I would recommend changing to the K&N's since I'm not sure how even of a distribution of nitrous to the 4 cylinders you will get inside the airbox.

Back