• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost, Temp gage setup...Share...Share...Share!

What are you guys calling the inspection plate with louvers? Do you mean the hood scoop? I had baught both the pod and scoop. Finnally out a C2 Auto meter water temp gauge in it. I can't mount the scoop with the stock air box, so when I do get a S/C or turbo, I'll install it then. I would like to know what this Inspection plate is, though. Any pics?

-1CS

1CrazySledder said:
What are you guys calling the inspection plate with louvers? Do you mean the hood scoop? I had baught both the pod and scoop. Finnally out a C2 Auto meter water temp gauge in it. I can't mount the scoop with the stock air box, so when I do get a S/C or turbo, I'll install it then. I would like to know what this Inspection plate is, though. Any pics?

-1CS

The inspection plate is different part than the hood scoop. BTW, you can use the scoop with a filter kit, but you are right - not with the stock airbox.

Our inspection plate is designed to give the air that the scoop forces over the intercooler a place to go. The RX and Apex chassis are pretty air-tight under the hood, our plate is intended to help promote a flow of air through the IC, and out the bottom of the sled.

Attachments

• RX 091 (Medium).jpg
    RX 091 (Medium).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 68
  • RX 092 (Medium).jpg
    RX 092 (Medium).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Apex 076 (Small).jpg
    Apex 076 (Small).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 70
Thanks to Jim at BPE my boosted apex now looks even better then it did before. If you have a turbo or supercharger on a apex with a stock hood, then there is no reason why you shouldnt have one of Jims hood scoops. These are pics of my gauge pod and scoop that Jim makes.

Attachments

• apex 009.jpg
    apex 009.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
  • apex 010.jpg
    apex 010.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 68
  • apex 012.jpg
    apex 012.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 76
  • apex 013.jpg
    apex 013.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 73
All orders from over the week-end have been shipped. If you don't have an email or PM from me with a tracking # please let us know ASAP.

Thanks, Jim

This is what I ended up going with...well for this year.

I was able to read everything well when standing and sitting. :Rockon:
100_0490.jpg

100_0498.jpg

Here is a picture of my setup. Rider forward conversion left the old steering post opening in the cowl empty. I mounted my speedo there and build a secondary mount off of it for my boost and wideband gauges. My water temp gauge is in the cowl on the hood. GPS is on a Ram mount on the left side.

Attachments

• Gauge 2.JPG
    Gauge 2.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 66

Back