• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BTX first ride- left me stranded

Update...Just talked to the tech working on my Sidewinder, he took a quick look at it and noticed that someone torqued one of the hoses too tight and and busted the clamp and all the antifreeze leaked out...He will let me know more early next week.

Sled get hurt? Surprised, you didn't see anything under sled. Or did it just pop and shot all out at once?

Sled get hurt? Surprised, you didn't see anything under sled. Or did it just pop and shot all out at once?

Wasn't mine, another customers sled...it shut down on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine kept running but retarded the power..as far as seeing antifreeze leaking, I only saw very little and when I went to put more in it only took a few drops at best..The dealer will let me know about damage if any once he puts it through a couple heat cycles.

To me it seems that most of arctic cat's problems are bad factory processes and by extension poor factory management.

It's such a shame because Americans taught the Japanese zero defects in the reconstruction after World War II.

To me it seems that most of arctic cat's problems are bad factory processes and by extension poor factory management.

It's such a shame because Americans taught the Japanese zero defects in the reconstruction after World War II.
That was then, This is now. Today, all businesses care about is the next quarterly statement! ROI (Return On Investment) how to pay out the least, to get the most back!

That was then, This is now. Today, all businesses care about is the next quarterly statement! ROI (Return On Investment) how to pay out the least, to get the most back!
I have worked in manufacturing. It's not about yesterday or today. It's about bad leadership. I won't go any further down the road but what we taught them was quality is free. If you don't have the time or the money to do it right the first time where will you get the resources to do it over.

Dropped at closest dealer today and they will look at this week. Mine didn't shut down but retarded several times. I also question the power of the sled as it didn't feel as strong as described but again I wasn't really holding it WFO either. He said he's been experiencing a few things with them in relationship to the overheating and had an issue on one other. They are looking it all over and retorque several items. Fingers crossed nothing got hurt. Will update. One question I have is the skiis don't lift at all on mine...othwers say they can stand the machine up at will. Something seems off.

Got mine back from dealer....said it was poor dealer set up??? Took out in pretty bottomless powder yesterday and got to run it. Compared to the 3" 163 summits and rmks they ran circles around me in the really deep snow...I had to stop in a track. I only have the 1.75 and it did pretty well but not like those other sleds launching up on the snow and out of the holes. We all were stuck but I was stuck more. I don't feel like it's all the powerful in powder to be honest but on the trail it seems faster...but not really fast like I expected. Mine doesn't stand up or give me arm stretching pull....but it ran high 8s rpm and maybe just not enough track. temps in powder were mid 170s which seemed odd but maybe that's normal for this sled. Ran good, handling and balance pretty damn good for a yamaha. Overall it's a nice machine....still figuring it out. Being a BTX I may have my expectations too high in deep snow....missed my rmk yesterday in the powder.

I have a BTX LE I'm hoping to get it to wyoming in the next couple weeks I had mine in 3feet of powder in houghton and it doesn't stand up either I think it's partially to do with clutching being too soft on bottom and its heavy up front I'm thinking a 250hp tune will fix this!!!

Back