• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

buying use sleds

northernguy10

Extreme
i have an opportunity to purchase a nytro xtx with a seize motor. that easy! but is there any other gremlins that i should look out for?

any help is appreciated
marty

lol i found one with a seized motor im thinking of buying the skid out of for my RTX, just wondering if it was the same one. The one i saw is Greater Toronto Area though.

A seized motor in a 4-stroke is a lot more money and a lot more work than a 2-stroke. I'd plan for the possibility that the motor may need to be swapped out and is irrepairable, which will run you $3000 average. Whatever the sled would be worth if it was in perfect running condition, don't pay anymore than $4000 less than that.

The XTX is a great sled but if it has a lot of miles you'll also have to replace all drive bearings, ball jounts, bushings, exhaust donuts, lots and lots of work. It would however be a great project if you have the time and money. If it's got a lot of miles but the chassis is still straight and true, it would be fun to tear it right down to the frame and completely re-assemble with new hardware and do alot of customizing while you're at it.

Back