• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can apex grips be removed without causign damage?

otis700

I am planning on buying and installing 06 apex bars on my srx but want to salvage the grips and heating elements. The grips must be removed to slide on my SRX Controls.

Anyone have experience with these specifc bars? Lots of posts exist on this subject but mostly with other bars.

Mark

Im pretty sure that the heating eliment is under the grip, so you have to cut the grip off with a razor blade and not go through the eliment. Then just push the new grips on with a little soapy water. Cat is like that also.
This is on an apex. Srx style is all in one.

I change bars on a vector and I drilled the rivits on the grips,then warmed up the grips with a heat gun to loosen up the glue they use to hold them on. Gently twist grip until you can turn them on the bar and then pull them off. Be careful when twisting not to break the elements.

grip removal

Thanks guys for your feedback so far.

Anyone try the compressed air method with removing the apex bars?

Will let you know how I make out.

Mark

Mark
I like the heat gun aproach. I think the element run around the grip. I have a heat gun if you need one. :4STroke: :yam:

I saw my dealer use compressor air to remove/install SkiDoo grips. He put the air gun tip in the hole on the end of the bar and they came off with a little tug.

Back