• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

can i leave stock gearing at sea level..

newfieattak

Extreme
just seeing if anyone left the 20 top gear and just changed the clutch weights and springs, and does this cause the machine to overrev .

I left the stock gearing 20/40!

With some minor clutching changes, it works fine!

Errol

we have both ours running the stock 20-40 at 600 feet, other than the lower fuel mileage from gearing. there is not real draw backs. has great acceleration, just low top end speed. you may trench more in the deep stuff but some of that can be alieviated via throttle control. revs are about 88-9000 on trail and in the deeper offtrail approx 84-8600. ski

i would leave the 20-40 and just do the clutch changes(weight and prim spring)i mostly ride off trail,but on the trail its just fine..22-40 would be kinda tall for off trail riding

Newfieattak,

Are you the same guy I met last year in the Lewis Hills. Black and blue attack with a 2 inch track on her?

I can't believe you are taking the plunge. Good on you man. Hopefully we'll see you in the hills again this winter.

Just so this is not a total hijack, I wanted to let you know that a friend just purchased an MTX and did order the sea level kit.

I kept the stock gearing, just changed the weights and spring. Seems to work good. Hit 145km/h on hard pack the other day, not sure if it had much more tho. But that's plenty fast enuff.

My MTX w/105 miles and 1 gal of 114 added to the balance of 92 bounces of the rev limiter for the first 20 feet @ 3K feet any suggestions? aAlso the primary clutch roller bolts have some slop in them and make quite a rackett and cannot be snuged up. Anyone else notice that?

Back