• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cancelled snowcheck anyone? I got ZERO service or care from Yamaha Canada. They might lose a customer for life.

commandac

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Venom
Ordered a snoscoot for my two sons in March, which was planned all along for Christmas.
Put 500$ deposit, and even went through the financing application (was accepted, but it negatively impacted my score)
I ordered pull behind sleds, tubes, handguards, tunnel bag, new color matching snowsuits, etc.
I have repeatedly called the dealership for an update over the last 3 months but never got to speak to a sales person.
Supposedly, sales guys prefer CERB rather than working.
Finally got a callback last night from the dealership owner, my snowcheck is being cancelled THREE WEEKS before Christmas.
Yamaha had 8 months to evaluate if they would have to cancel orders...
At least to tell us there might be issues, and to try to make other arrangements, or offer some form of benefit to cancel our order, and get our down payments back earlier.

They had 8 months to contact me and tell me themselves.

Anyone else get terrible service, or a cancelled snowcheck?
Asides from my started small claims case, what has Yamaha done to make up for this to customers who lost money, and now have no plans for Christmas?

Mine was cancelled, but life goes on. The whole world is backwards with all this COVID stuff going on, and this certainly isn't specific to Yamaha, nor to this industry.
Get over it, and don't waste your time and/or money on a small claims case.

Mine was cancelled, but life goes on. The whole world is backwards with all this COVID stuff going on, and this certainly isn't specific to Yamaha, nor to this industry.
Get over it, and don't waste your time and/or money on a small claims case.
Definitely agree delivery is out of their control. Not blaming them for that. Blaming then on the lack of service and communication. They've known for many months that they wouldn't be able to fulfill all the orders. I had to call them to find out. ALSO, due to lack of communication, I am out 900$ worth of accessories, PLUS my 500$ down payment. I also had credit score affected. There are damages beyond the no delivery. And that's what small claims is going to cover. Especially since my call is recorded with a guarantee to have it by Christmas.

There's also been zero movement on trying to keep their clients, or make things right. I still haven't even seen the down payment back yet, they are still making money off of it.

I was offered my deposit back, but I may leave it for to order a 23.

The deposit should definitely be refundable.
The Christmas part sucks for sure
I would work with your dealer on the $900 worth of accessories. Any dealer worth going to should help you out.
went through the financing application (was accepted, but it negatively impacted my score
I guess I don't understand this part.....

I went to my dealer yesterday to talk about delivery of my Gt. Late December is the schedule.
They were more than understandable on my position of not wanting a late January or worse delivery. They would return my deposit no questions asked. they also mentioned some incentives for late delivery or turning the order over to next year. I didn't go very far down that road as I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

The relationship with your dealer is key. Sometimes it is tough to find a good one.

Definitely agree delivery is out of their control. Not blaming them for that. Blaming then on the lack of service and communication. They've known for many months that they wouldn't be able to fulfill all the orders. I had to call them to find out. ALSO, due to lack of communication, I am out 900$ worth of accessories, PLUS my 500$ down payment. I also had credit score affected. There are damages beyond the no delivery. And that's what small claims is going to cover. Especially since my call is recorded with a guarantee to have it by Christmas.

There's also been zero movement on trying to keep their clients, or make things right. I still haven't even seen the down payment back yet, they are still making money off of it.

I'm curious on the small claims case. I certainly don't disagree. Keep us updated.

Back