• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat Mirrors on Apex confermed part #

Looks great, had a thought while looking at photos. You have a riser on top of the yammie one, if that is not there, the handle bars would be lower and block veiw to mirrors wouldn't it?

That is correct, befor I put on the 2" riser I was looking over the bars now I am looking under the bars but as I stated I have to lean back 6" to see the mirrors. I don't believe there is a perfect mirror for the Apex, but this is an alternative for the butt ugly bug eyes.

mirrors

who builds a sled today and does not make mirror for it let alone sell you a 15000 $ sled with no mirrors which is required by law , next we will buy cars without mirrors

Re: mirrors

grumpysanta said:
who builds a sled today and does not make mirror for it let alone sell you a 15000 $ sled with no mirrors which is required by law , next we will buy cars without mirrors

They make two different styles of mirrors. The body mount ones you can't see anything out of. The handlebar mount motorcycle style look goofy (to some of us) and won't allow the cover to fit. That's why we're looking for alternatives, not because Yamaha doesn't make a mirror.

snerkman

i know i have a yam. with two sets of mirrors but what i was saying was it took them awhile to come out for the apex , second season i think and look what you have mirrors worth $ 5.95 like old old motorcycle mirrors and body side mirrors that look at your knee , I just think they could do better esp. at the price they charge !

this is so funny. I've been reading posts on mirrors for our apex's,attaks and have seen lot's of ideas for years..
When Yami designed the line they screwed up on the mirrors. They never fixed them. If they did it right the covers won't fit either I believe.
I tried the cat mirrors. The larger outside the windshield type have to be altered so much that they may not fit at all on my Medium Yami windshield. Also the windshield is very weak and flimsy there. Cat's are stiff there to hold the mirror right.
The smaller Cat's that are mounted inside the windshield are too small and convexed to see who is behind you. All you see is a very small headlight.
I think that handlebar types are the best bet for actually haveing the chance of seeing behind you clearly and resonable to mount. But what to do if you cover it alot? Oh Well I still love the sled.

My problem with the AC's is I always run gauntlets which hang down and cover the mirrors. I'm using the Polaris handle bar mounted mirrors like a cycle. Yam makes some like this too, but the stems are too short, again with gauntlets.

I am trying a different mirror this year that may be of interest. It's called the Spy by Zefal. I'll attach a couple pics. You lose the end of your bar, but it can come of easily if going to ride hard.

Attachments

• Apex_Mirror_10-24-09 001 (Large).jpg
    Apex_Mirror_10-24-09 001 (Large).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Apex_Mirror_10-24-09 002 (Large).jpg
    Apex_Mirror_10-24-09 002 (Large).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Apex_Mirror_10-24-09 003 (Large).jpg
    Apex_Mirror_10-24-09 003 (Large).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 94
Snerkman, I will remove one of my mirrors and bring it to the cat dealer to match this up and will post the part# for all to have. One thing I want to add is that if you have hand gaurds you should sit on your sled and see if you can see the section of the winshield needed for these to work. I will need a couple of days to do this.

Snowdust2, good idea, looks sharp. Will the hand gaurd work if you dropped the mirror to the end and wraped the handgaurd strap above the mirror. You might be able to use more of your bars. Just a thought.

You can get more room our of the bars by wrapping the hand guard over the mirror, but it wasn't a great fit. (Needed longer velcro) I'll play with it this winter and see if the room is even needed. I had planned on taking it off when running hard, so I think it is going to work fine as it is mounted now. We'll see!!

Here is the mirror I've been using on my sleds for the past 10+ seasons. Adjustable 2"round blind-spot mirror. Big enough to see a headlight behind you (what else do you need to see) and the cost is next to nothing. Just stick it on and go, works awesome.

Attachments

• Mirror.JPG
    Mirror.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 95

Back