• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clicker settings

Rappa

Veteran
I have always been someone who just bought a sled and ran it out of the box. However it handled was how it handled. The accessories I put on were mostly cosmetic with the exception of studs. With that being said, I love the fact that I can dial my Attak GT in to exactly where I want it. I have it turning and hooking up very well. I am very happy with the cornering with the new Simmons skis. I also am getting used to when to adjust the rear susp for different conditions. However, I can't seem to find the sweet spot on the front clickers.

Is there an all around best setting for the clickers that you guys have found for all types of conditions? Or what combinations of clicks are you using for what conditions? I am completely lost here. I should have just left them at the stock settings until I knew how to use them. I am mostly interested in keeping the machine smooth over the chop while riding fast. I don't like the skis slapping over the studder bumps and I hate when the back of the sled feels like a dream and the front is violently moving around. Anyone have any help for me?

If you want or are willing to start from scratch I would say do this but that's just me. First, raise the front of the sled untill the skis are off the ground. loosen both shock coils until the springs just start to rattle. Then slowly tighten until the rattle stops, from here tighten one to two turns. For the clickers, the compression, set at the softest/fastest setting on both shocks. On the rebound side, set at the fastest/least dampening effect. On the next ride adjust as required, ie: if the front seems to bottom increase the compression dampening maybe two clicks at a time. If the front seems to bounce back or kick back increase rebound one or two clicks at a time. Whenever possible try to ride the same section of trail when adjusting as it will make it easier to understand what the effects were. If you find that the front bottoms even with the comp turned way up tighten the coils a few turns. The reason for the low preload on the front is to lower the front and improve cornering, reducing inside ski lift as well.

Back