• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clucth kits Hauck vs Drag N Fly

nytrortx149

Veteran
I have a clucth kit from hauck, but everybody keeps talking up the drag n fly kits. Is it worth it to buy the Drag n Fly kit.

I had Haucks nytro kit. The calibration was wayyy off. I had to remove 3-4 grams to get it dialed in. I then went to drag n fly,s. If your Hauck kit is pulling proper rpm,s then don,t spend any more money. You will get gains but it will be costly.

You can adjust any kit to achieve proper rpm,s. you need to add some mass to your primary weights to bring down rpm,s. call hauck & tell him the issues your having. they should be able to get your rpm,s back on track with a few simple adjustments.

That's the same thing I am experiencing. I had a couple of good times out. Now I am hitting the rev limiter, and no where near the speed I had on the last two trips. I was thinking of heavy hitters or drag n flys also. Hell one trip she was willing to go way over 100mph. This trip 9600rpms and 97mph on an open lake with 4-6" of snow on it. To say the least I was pissed. I am taking it back up to him this week to have them dial it in. If it don't give me what I want I might just switch myself. Good luck nytrotx149

You gotta be 8900 rpm on top end. Just add mass to the primary weights bring down rpm,s. I have found 8600-9000 rpm gets about the same top end.

Thanks for helping

Thanks, Turk. Since you know this stuff pretty well, any info on Gearing you could give. Looking for a little extra top end with the setup I have, but still keep that nice hole shot. As you know I am pushing around 169HP right now. Thinking of changing it once the clutch is dialed in correctley. Thanks again for helping Turk

Lighter guys may benifit from going up 1 tooth.
Pay my flight & i will come & fix everything for ya.

nytrortx149 said:
thanks for the info turk. I think i will spend the money for the drag n fly kit.
Just installed the drag and fly kit, got it from PPT at Boss Performance, all I can say is wow, I thought this thing pulled hard before, its even better now. Tomorrow I will run it wide open on the river to see its full potential. PPT setup the weights for me before he shipped it, I gave him rider weight, mods, etc. Great service.

My Drag & Fky kit is pulling hard as hell! Love that kit. Was hitting the rev limiter with my MBRP exhaust and stock clutch. Installed the Drag & Fly and no more rev limiter and it just pulls!

Well, I went up to Hauk this weekend to have Pat take a look at a couple little problems I had. I mainly needed him to see why my top end dropped off, and my rpm's were climbing. I dropped it off on Friday morning. Thinking I wouldn't have it back til Saturday sometime. I was wrong. I called up Jim Jones, and he said Pat was out testing it on the tracks in the back of the shop, and had to add a lot of wait to the clutch. After breaking in the new engine I had them install; they think the horsepower and engine strted getting better. Since after the engine was intalled I was quick off the line, and had no problems. Everything was dialed in perfect at that time. So on the why back to the hotel around 2PM, I got a phone call from Pat, asking me if I wanted to through my gear on and come on over for a ride. When I got there my sled and a customers V-Max-4 was loaded on a trailer. He said we are going to test them on the lake for better world results, and more tuning. He took mine out 2-3 times, added more weight, and adjusted the spring on the clutch. I then took it out. The sled was like NIGHT AND DAY! It pulled off the line like a freight train. It just wanted more and more. I was very happy with the results. Then we fine tuned the V-MAX-4. That thing flew. The ski's were not even on the ground. The thing was pushing 190HP. On our way back we saw Jim on the track testing a Warrior turbo setup. He was flying on that thing. They said he had some bugs to work out, but it was about 250HP plus. Pat then asked Jim to race him against his non-boosted apex. Jim thought Pat didn't have a shot. Not knowing Pat did more work to this sled. It was close on the first run, but Pat beat him by a length. The second run, Pat beat him by about 2 lengths. That thing was cooking. I told Pat that I couldn't believe that he beat the turbo. He then tossed me the keys, and let me take his out for a couple of passes. That thing Felt like the picks were barley even touching the gound. You thought it was just floating. What a day! WHAT SERVICE! He has a great reputaion up there for these sleds, and for his mild manor. He went way out of his way to make sure I was happy. Sure I spent a good deal of money there in the past, but none of that day was necassary on his part.

OH Ya! Earlier before this happened I went to the Ski-Doo dealer to pick up some tunnel protectors for my buddy. I was shooting the breeze with the sale staff, about their new sleds, and their upcoming sleds. They asked me what I had, and of course gave me a shot. They wanted to know who was working on it. I told them who, and they had nothing but great comments for/about Pat. Well you can't be half bad, and you got to know a little something if the Ski-Doo boys even fess up. I suggest giving your clutch kit a shot, or letting Pat, and his guys take a look at it. Good luck with your choice.

Re: Thanks for helping

sheetwright said:
Thanks, Turk. Since you know this stuff pretty well, any info on Gearing you could give. Looking for a little extra top end with the setup I have, but still keep that nice hole shot. As you know I am pushing around 169HP right now. Thinking of changing it once the clutch is dialed in correctley. Thanks again for helping Turk

What did you all do to get up to 169hp?

Re: Thanks for helping

Ghostrider204 said:
sheetwright said:

What did you all do to get up to 169hp?

Here is the short list of things I have done to date:

K&N filters,

Fuel programmer

Header pipes, and silencer

Basically the GYT-R Dun kit with the updated fuel programmer

Had them take out my engine and swap it out with a stroked engine.

Here is the link to my thread, and changes to date. I had them Dyno it after the engine install. I am thinking of having them dyno it again, when I go up for my next changes. Thinking I might leave this one as my trail sled now, and possibly add a some sort of a hopped up sled for radar runs to the trailer. Don't want to ruin the ridabilty of the Nytro for the trails.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Any other questions, or input feel free to contact me anytime :rocks:

Back