• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clunk or almost bang on hard accel

I'm also thinking track is ratcheting. Check tracktension. If running stude, tighten track to the low end of the spec, if no studs the track can be tightened to the high end of the spec. The tension gags sold by Woody's is invaluable.
Check the transfer rod jam nut, make sure it's not loose.
Check all other suspesion bolts make sure they're tight.
The sleds are bulletproof, it's probably something minor.

Sno Cat said:
I'm also thinking track is ratcheting. Check tracktension. If running stude, tighten track to the low end of the spec, if no studs the track can be tightened to the high end of the spec. The tension gags sold by Woody's is invaluable.
Ok, I'll check the chain again. When I first bought the sled I did a new old sled PREP and the chain was quite loose, I'm now wondering if maybe it was loose enough that maybe all the backlash was not out of the chain when I adjusted it the first time. I'm gona re-ck tomorrow. ;)!

skey01 said:
Sno Cat said:
Ok, I'll check the chain again. When I first bought the sled I did a new old sled PREP and the chain was quite loose, I'm now wondering if maybe it was loose enough that maybe all the backlash was not out of the chain when I adjusted it the first time. I'm gona re-ck tomorrow. ;)!
\
did you figure it out?

The transfer rod sounds like a construction crew nailing shingles on a new roof under my sled. It bangs hard on low speed bumps..

I am going up to the cabin in the morning i will have a report on monday night or tuesday morning :4STroke: unless my wife changes my plans of course !!!!! :o|

Ok heres the scoop spoke with a friend that runs a Yamaha service Dept in Ohio. He thought it was the fact that the conditions were so good for traction that even though the track was adjusted to specs that it was hooking so well that the track is still ratcheting one time or so on super hard accel. When it skips under full load it allmost sounds metalic due to everything coming unloaded for a split second. He said he himself seen this on a RX1 he had one time a # of years ago under simmular conditions. He mearly snuged the track up a little extra tight and never had another problem, when the conditions improved he backed the adjustment back off to normal. He told me to keep my fist out of the throttle a little and probobly would not have a problem. I'll try that untill I get to the UP next weekend where conditions are more normal. I did not have time to check the chain adjustment either but will before riding the UP. I will give everyone a update next week Wednesday or Thursday upon my return!! :4STroke:

Back