• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch engagment

myrodman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 attak
05 warrior
Hello Is there a different spring to install in a 2007 vector to lower and or soften the engagement with out causing other shift problems? thanks

If you don't know whats in there, its difficult to make changes online,lol! Assuming its stock the simple thing to do is change the stock 15.6mm rollers to the 14.5mm rollers. This will slightly lower engagement and help with belt clamping force. The y-s-y spring should be stock @ 35kg preload and you could go y-p-y @ 30kg preload but it has a lower finish rate and then you may have to adjust your weight for proper rpm at full shift out. Also this should have been posted in the clutching thread or vector thread not in the air intake thread so if you can find this again then good luck, I hope this helped you.

Check under general forum for current thread on this topic

Yep, I
Hello Is there a different spring to install in a 2007 vector to lower and or soften the engagement with out causing other shift problems? thanks
Yep, just put Schmidt bros comfort spring in mine, now engage @2900, will not change anything else, best $50. I have spent, call Chris you might have small rollers like mine had, only needed spring, 9897562150

Back