• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Kits...

I really can't say as I'm no clutching expert. What I noticed when switching to a lower preload, my engagement rpms dropped and it was much easier to control throttle at low speeds. I can't say if I experienced a difference in mid range power, and my top speed didn't change either. I'm not experiencing clutch slip and I am happy with the change.

Perhaps someone with clutch experience could chime in answer that question.

so if i would change to a 30 113 or 30 121 this would engage around 3500 or so?
What would the top end R's be?

I got the same results by using turk's recommended clutching. Switch to 14.5 mm rollers with no spring shims and a straight 47 deg helix (stock srx). About $120 shipped from Ulmer. Works great, lower engagement, better belt life, pulls harder from down low and still hitting 9,000 peak. Grabs the belt hard at low rpm's

How do you think a helix and spring from a viper clutch would work? It would be pretty close to an srx clutch in my mind

AttakDog said:
I got the same results by using turk's recommended clutching. Switch to 14.5 mm rollers with no spring shims and a straight 47 deg helix (stock srx). About $120 shipped from Ulmer. Works great, lower engagement, better belt life, pulls harder from down low and still hitting 9,000 peak. Grabs the belt hard at low rpm's

Is that all it takes?
Still using the stock springs and weights?
I have those sitting in my garage! I love this site!

Who makes this kit? What's the difference between stage 1 and stage 2? Which is the best and why... Thanks. Buddy is looking for a kit and don't have internet access.

Stone9 said:
AttakDog said:

Is that all it takes?
Still using the stock springs and weights?
I have those sitting in my garage! I love this site!

Yeah that's it. I forgot to mention I have a super Q muffler also. Put the stock muffler on (blew out the Q) and lost about 300-400 RPM's so you may have to shim a bit to get it back up if you are using the stock muffler. 70 deg wrap on the secondary. Try it you'll like it!

need help. put 14.5 mm rollers on 47 degree helix on spring on 1 and 6 (70 degrees i was told) every thing else i left stock. take offs are nice but was only pulling 8600-8700.
Came back in to adjust some weight to get r's up and clutches were HOT to the touch.
Heat is wasted power so does that mean less weight will do it or what should i do?

Back