• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cooke City, MT rides

BlgsRX-1mtn

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'03 RX-1 Mountain LE
Here's some action shots from the first ride in Nov. and New Years Day. The MPI Stage 1 SC is awesome :Rockon: but, I had to ride the wife's 2-smoker in Nov while waiting for my SC Kit to ship from MPI. I'll add ride pics throughout the season from each time out. ;)!

Jim

Attachments

• Cooke%20City%2001%2D06%20162%2Ejpg.jpg
    Cooke%20City%2001%2D06%20162%2Ejpg.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Cooke%20City%2001%2D06%20166%2Ejpg.jpg
    Cooke%20City%2001%2D06%20166%2Ejpg.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Jim02s%2Ejpg.jpg
    Jim02s%2Ejpg.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Round Lake Cabin in Nov..jpg
    Round Lake Cabin in Nov..jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Pushin Freshies Nov..jpg
    Pushin Freshies Nov..jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Tired of Diggin out them RMKs Nov..jpg
    Tired of Diggin out them RMKs Nov..jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Trench diggen' in Feb.jpg
    Trench diggen' in Feb.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 137

Warden, she sure has plenty of :bling I'm thinking the whole sled will be re-done next year. I'm going to buy an airbrush and start practicing the real fire look to add to a black cherry pearl base for next year. It should look nice if I get the airbrushing down. :Rockon:

friendlycatrider, actually that's red on the sled. The windshield is the new red chrome one for the RS Vector Mountain SE.

case sensative, this is why I love Montana so much. In June I can ride the sled til noon head home and jet ski til 8:00 PM :Rockon: .

summitking, the snow has been great and deadly too it seems. Have heard of two guys dieing in Cooke City (one last Thurs, one last Fri.) in Avalanches :o| . Cooke City got 3.5 feet between Christmas and New Years day. That's why these pics were taken in relatively flat areas. I have been riding there since age 10 and know to stay in the flats after snow like that. The SC is great. I let the wife ride it on the trail and she said quote; "She purrs like a kitten on steroids". :D

I forgot to add these from when I was doing the SC Test and Tune. Was riding with mmwildman on his new Apex and gettinunstuck from the Snowest Forum.

Jim

Attachments

• Geno aka mmwildman to the Rescue Dec..jpg
    Geno aka mmwildman to the Rescue Dec..jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Gettinunstuck Dec..jpg
    Gettinunstuck Dec..jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 160
  • BlgsRX-1mtn SC Test and Tune Dec..jpg
    BlgsRX-1mtn SC Test and Tune Dec..jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 202
summitking, the snow has been great and deadly too it seems. Have heard of two guys dieing in Cooke City (one last Thurs, one last Fri.) in Avalanches :o| . Cooke City got 3.5 feet between Christmas and New Years day. That's why these pics were taken in relatively flat areas. I have been riding there since age 10 and know to stay in the flats after snow like that. The SC is great. I let the wife ride it on the trail and she said quote; "She purrs like a kitten on steroids". :D

Jim[/quote]

guys PLEASE get an ABS avalanche airbag backpack. Contact your dealer, if they dont have them call ME!

Awesome pics Jim, glad everything is working so good for you. I would sure love to see Cooke once, if we come up there will you play tour guide Barbie for us? We will here if you come out.

Looks awesome out there BlgsRX-1mtn The red windshield looks real good may have to get one for my 03 also nice touch ;)! Ride safe out there guys like Jim say's stay in the flats steer well clear of the steep n deep when there's that much loose snow out there. Two of those killed were from Minnesota make sure you know where the safe riding is talk to the locals please. :pics:

well what you think about all the snow in Japan now wouldnt that be some fun over there playing in a fresh 13 feet dam that would be so awsome

Here's some pics from Valentine's Day. Wed was so cold that the batteries in both; the digital and digital video cameras went dead.

Jim

Attachments

• Tues Noon.jpg
    Tues Noon.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Tues AM.jpg
    Tues AM.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Tura rippin across the meadow.jpg
    Tura rippin across the meadow.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Tura Valentines Day stuck closeup.jpg
    Tura Valentines Day stuck closeup.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 155
I added some more pictures that I had previously forgot to add as the season went on. They are the Nov. pictures in my first post and The Dec. Test and Tune ride which I attached to my second post. For those that haven't found my link for the videos here in the photo section; here is a link to that topic. www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=20866

The two that are done in Quicktime format are from the 5# boost Test and Tune ride in Dec. and, were taken by mmwildman on his digital camera. The video in Microsoft Media Player format was taken by my wife on our digital video camera during our Valentine's Day ride. This was with 10# boost at 1/4 throttle.

Jim

Back