• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cracked Arm NOT covered under Y.E.S. Warranty?

I'm not sure I would wait, especially with what the dealer already said.

When I went into the dealer with the broken y-pipes, it was their idea to contact Yamaha (and this was not MY dealer). I hadn't considered calling them but glad the dealer encouraged me.

Sounds like your dealer is doing the opposite and you're still under warranty. I would get involved in the process now and make the call... It does not sound like the dealer will really go to bat for you if they already told you they haven't seen it covered for others in the past.

IMO you should find your vin # and make the call right now.

Find a new dealer it sounds like maybe he wants to make some money. I assume yamaha does not pay the dealer as much as you would have to for parts and labor.

#1Wolverine said:
Find a new dealer it sounds like maybe he wants to make some money. I assume yamaha does not pay the dealer as much as you would have to for parts and labor.

In the automotive world it's nothing on the parts and 50% on book time.
May be close to the same with bikes and sleds.

if he is under YES program dealer get full retail price for parts plus labor if under reg warranty it is cost plus 25 percent

Got my busted front pivot arm covered under YES warranty.....that along with BOTH slide rails and one side heat exchanger (leaking), all this done under the same repair/warranty claim.

Mind you, I had to fight Yamaha tooth and nail to get them to man up and cover the repairs. Dealer did absolutely nothing for me and had to fight the good fight on my own....yet STILL could not get to admit there is a known issue with the pre-2008 front pivot arms breaking. That never happened to anybody here, did it? (sarcasm)

Dealer has submitted claim (apparently they have an on-line claim system that the dealer uses) and said he thinks Yamaha will cover the part and they will probably not cover the labor. He has ordered the part and is pending confirmation from Yamaha to ensure he is covered for the part. I do not understand why Yamaha cant make a quick decision and response on this.

Meanwhile, I am taking up my wife's stall in the garage - tore the skid out to do entire rebuild. Ordered replacement bushings (Nylatron's from Pioneer Performance) and replaced slides and a few bogie wheel bearings.

Dealer said part will be in by next week and he should have disposition from Yamaha by that time.

The big question in my mind is - will it be the same part that is prone to cracking or the updated part with reinforcement? Dealer has probably ordered based on part in Yamaha microfiche - not sure if this will be the updated version or not. Guess I will find out next week.

They will replace the busted arm with the updated reinforced arm. That is what they did for me in 2009..they covered all parts and labor (about $3,200 worth)The old part is superceded by the new part and they should not even have an option to order the old part # by mistake/

FINAL VERDICT

After a few weeks of waiting I finally got the front arm. The dealer was able to get it covered by Yamaha. He said it was a goodwill gesture by Yamaha as they generally do not cover the arm.

I picked it up and I am installing this week. They have significantly beefed up the arm with several braces and gussets. I think this one will hold up better.

coverage

darv said:
x2 talking nice an letting them know how good of a yamaha customer you are goes a long ways

My dealer fought for me on my 05 RX-1 when my welds broke. Yamaha fixed mine under the "Good Will" claim when my warrantee had expired by a year. Talk nice and be persistent.

Sounds like some of you need to find a better dealer. My dealer replaced my arm with the new version under YES without any discussion or intervention on my part.

He has also covered several other items that could have been called into question but he has always got them covered without a problem.

I have bought all of my sleds, bikes, ATV's etc. from him and this I am sure goes a long way towards creating good will.

Just something to think about for anyone that buys a sled out of state to save a few bucks and then brings it to his local dealer for warranty repairs. I realize that all Yamaha dealers should provide warranty repairs regardless of where the sled was purchased but the reality is that they usually take care of their loyal customers the best.

Back