• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crashed Sidewinder

DIwarrior

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 SRX
2021 Sidewinder LTX GT
2020 Sidewinder LTX GT
2001 SRX
FACEBOOK
Nope
Our group of 5 Sidewinders and 1 T-Cat were riding on Lake Gogebic last Saturday around dusk. Coming back from a day on the trails, 400 yards from our cabin. Lots of slush on the lake this past weekend. My son hit a large frozen mound of it and rolled his 21 LTX-DX multiple times. He escaped with no injury. But the sled appears to be a total loss, 2,600 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_8492.jpeg
    IMG_8492.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_8484.jpeg
    IMG_8484.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_8489.jpeg
    IMG_8489.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_8487.jpeg
    IMG_8487.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 237

Glad he's OK....sled can be replaced.

Our group of 5 Sidewinders and 1 T-Cat were riding on Lake Gogebic last Saturday around dusk. Coming back from a day on the trails, 400 yards from our cabin. Lots of slush on the lake this past weekend. My son hit a large frozen mound of it and rolled his 21 LTX-DX multiple times. He escaped with no injury. But the sled appears to be a total loss, 2,600 miles.
Glad he is okay.. He is very lucky..
Any idea how much ice is on Gogebic? Was thinking my next riding trip will be a ice fishing trip..

Glad he is alright ! sled is Toast

Son being safe is priceless. Motor worth about 5-6k in the utv world...

Glad he is okay.. He is very lucky..
Any idea how much ice is on Gogebic? Was thinking my next riding trip will be a ice fishing trip..
They are fishing on the lake, not nearly the number of fish shacks we usually see, lots of slush pockets all around the lake, not just the normal spots. Didn’t see any atv‘s on the ice. U.P. Is experiencing a January thaw the next few days. i would call ahead.

They are fishing on the lake, not nearly the number of fish shacks we usually see, lots of slush pockets all around the lake, not just the normal spots. Didn’t see any atv‘s on the ice. U.P. Is experiencing a January thaw the next few days. i would call ahead.
Thanks! Was looking to run a side side with tracks out.. Guessing that may be iffy more then a couple hundred yards off shore.. Guessing you guys/sleds were running the west shore.. Thanks again

Thank you for all the kind responses. The repair estimate exceeds 12K, so anticipating the ins. company will total it. Just have to wait for all the paperwork to come thru now. We’re in an extended Jan thaw right now in the U.P. so we have some time to re-group.

Glad he is ok—- if ya part it out one guy in our group needs a secondary—-

same sled as mine...... anyway glad to hear he is ok that's the most important thing! sleds come and go but are hard to replace!

Back