• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cutting rails on xtx for wahl extros

ski_bum

I've searched around and am looking for some more info before I take my grinder to the skid!

I am installing a backcountry track with wahl 9t extros, I know I have to cut 1/4 inch to 3/8 off the rails but I am curious how that will effect the sliders. Does anyone have any pictures of the job? What ever I cut off the rails I will have to shorten my sliders so they still screw into the rails?

Thanks!
Ski_Bum

hmmmm you should not have to cut anything off the rails.... the 1.75 back country should bolt right in after you take the tunnel protectors off

xtx

yup just did the same mod, cut the rails shorter to clear the extro's, and cut the same amount off the front of the slide to make it fit.

After modifying the rail we generally just take a dremel tool to the rail end cap before reinstalling it and take material away from the slide area side of the rail end cap so that stock slides will just bolt up without needing to cut them every time you replace them.

Reading this makes me curious I'm in the process off extending my rtx to 136 an I have doo 9t drivers installed. Do I need to cut my rails to?

Why don't you just install avid drivers and not worry about trimming..

I installed the Yamaha extro's last year for a buddy and we never trimmed the rails. This must only be with Whals drivers. Did two XTX's with the back country and extro's.

Just put the skid in with shocks and manually lift it up and down. If it hits then trim back accordingly. Should be able cut off the tip and reuse the plastic tip.

Take the rail tips off and install Wahl Bros Anti stab through the hole in the skid where your your rail tips used to be riveted on. No trimming needed!!! :sled1:

Back